Introduction

Asankaa

New member
Joined
Apr 10, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
20
Hi All
I'm new here. Looking to start hunting small game in the near future. What caliber should I look at?
Thank you
 
Good day! Welcome!
 
Hi All
I'm new here. Looking to start hunting small game in the near future. What caliber should I look at?
Thank you

Greetings Asankaa,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

What variety / species of small game are you interested in ?
Most can be taken humanely with small bore shotgun and / or .22 rim fire .

Otherwise as Mr. spike.t suggested, that .505 Gibbs you posted pictures of for sale and described in great detail, will be just right for at least gopher and squirrel hunting.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome to AH Asankaa!
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome aboard!

Define "small game" for the caliber recommendations you are looking for. In general, at least in the US, for small game you are talking about .22-250, .243, .25-06, maybe .270
 
Last edited:
Hola hermono!
go big or go home !!! .375 deer - buffalo, .404 - .500 hippo- elephant
 
:S Welcome:
 
Hi All
I'm new here. Looking to start hunting small game in the near future. What caliber should I look at?
Thank you
Welcome to AH. Small game where!? We talking rabbit or African plains game?
 
.22 rimfire is a great starter. Please expound on your name and where you are from and what you do instead of hunting currently
 
Welcome! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.
 
Welcome to AH!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,890
Members
169,462
Latest member
EaoacoYroacn
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top