AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
Hunted
senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
Hello all,

As many of you may already know I am a Professional hunter hunting in CAR (Central African republic), very good for Lord derby eland, buffalo, bongo, giant forest hog, from January to April and TANZANIA, very good for elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo from July to November. Two great countries for big game hunting, please feel free to ask me some details about the hunts, safety, how to get there, how to organize etc... If you want to know about me a little bit more click here. Don't hesitate to comment on the pictures and articles. Go early come late, talk and share...

watermark.php

I grew up in French Africa, I shot my first warthog when I was 11 years old and at the age of 29 became a Professional Hunter in Africa, my childhood dream... I hunted for myself in France, England, Ireland, Canada, Senegal, Guinea, Ivory Coast and Zimbabwe. As a PH, I've hunted Burkina Faso, Benin, Cameroon, South Africa and finally for 5 years now in Central African Republic (C.A.R.) and Tanzania, two incredible countries for big game hunting.

Fifteen years already, though I hope to hunt for a hundred years!

All the best,

Christophe Morio

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you contract directly or do I need to go through an outfitter/booking agent? I am hoping to come to Africa in 2012 and am undecided about which country. I will probably be limited to plains game and do not want luxury. I am looking forward to a tented safari and although I do want decent food I don't need a gourmet chef or a wine list as long as my arm. The one animal I really want is a great warthog. All others I am open to. I would like to hear your suggestions regarding countries and animals.

Semper Fi,
AiredaleMarine@yahoo.com

Hi
Not easy to answer !!!! first of all you should not plan a safari in Africa with a warthog as a main goal because it is a very expensive one !!! If it is your first time in Africa you can go to many countries: Senegal birds/warthog, mauritania birds/warthog, Burkina Faso and Benin are very good big game and plains game hunting countries (not very expensive) and of course South Africa and Namibia for plains game, I think the best warthog are by the Limpopo river..
Cheers

Thx, christophe. I enjoyed the video very much. Great footage.
It's my dream to hunt in the rainforests of Cameroun or DRC.

Christophe,
Thank you for the advice. As you can see my plans are in the very early stages, but I do know that I am not going to settle for S.A. This may be my only trip to Africa and I'm going to make the most of it. The more I study the more I am learning to like the bongo and giant forest hog. I know these are not your run of the mill animals for a first safari and they have a limited range, but they both are well within the limits of both myself and my rifle. I don't need record book animals, I'm just looking for each to be a good representative of their respective species.

Semper Fi,
AiredaleMarine@yahoo.com

caracal;bt9 said:
Thx, christophe. I enjoyed the video very much. Great footage.
It's my dream to hunt in the rainforests of Cameroun or DRC.

Hi Caracal,
I never hunted the real deep rain forest like south of CAR or Cameroun and I am not sure to enjoy it... I like to see animal!!!! I don't think you can hunt DRC !!!!
thanks

christophe morio;bt11 said:
Hi Caracal,
I never hunted the real deep rain forest like south of CAR or Cameroun and I am not sure to enjoy it... I like to see animal!!!! I don't think you can hunt DRC !!!!
thanks
Hello,

You are welcome.. Check again the price of west africa ( look Afric Safari, Benin on directory), you can hunt buffalo, roan, warthog and so on.
Anyway, enjoy your next hunt in AFRICA
Cheers

Hi Christophe,
i mean CAR, of course. You are right most people say hunting the deep rain forest is a pain in the ass ;-), but it's sure an adventure. Stalking forest elephant must be thrilling.
Will check your website for western africa.

Dennis

Christophe, great footage of some great forest species.

Those Bongos appear pretty alert to what's going on around them, big ears and all !

The call you are using for buffalo is quite different to that which I use on our Asiatics.
I use a call intended to mimic the sounds that the calves make, when communicating with their mothers, to attract attention of, then draw the bull in.
The call you are using sounds to me more like what mature animal would make.
Interesting.

This season I will try and get a sequence of calling and response filmed for you and send it to you.

Cheers,
Paul.

Awesome video Christophe! I love watching footage taken by outfitters that doesn't look a NatGeo production, just seems far more real to me.

stew31r;bt94 said:
Awesome video Christophe! I love watching footage taken by outfitters that doesn't look a NatGeo production, just seems far more real to me.
Thank you, I will try to make some more but it is not easy when you hunting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg