Intro - Calgary

Reckoner

Bronze supporter
AH member
Joined
Dec 1, 2023
Messages
26
Reaction score
81
Location
Calgary, Alberta
Media
1
Been a member here for awhile. Life is busy so just getting around to posting an intro.

Spend my hunting time pursing deer, moose, elk and lots of small game, gearing up for the spring snow goose hunt at the moment.

Always up for something new so have learned a lot by reading through these forums for a future African trip. That's likely a few years out (again life is busy) but I like to prepare.

On that note here's a pic of some of my tools:

  1. Blaser R8 Safari with steel receiver and kickstop. Champered in 458 Lott with an Aimpoint Micro.
  2. Dakota 76 in 416 Ribgy. Topped with a Swaro Z6I EE.
  3. Winchester Model 70 Classic Stainless in 375H&H. Haven't gotten around to scoping this yet.
  4. Blaser R8 with standard aluminum receiver. Chambered in 375 H&H topped with a Swaro Z8i


20260215_141639C.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH! Nice selection of hardware too, you're quite prepared for Africa.
 
Welkom! Seeing the battery I'd assume you've been to Africa already?
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to the posting side.
 
Welcome! You have some excellent rifles and fine optics!
 
That Dakota Rigby looks like a sweetheart! Welcome from BC
 
Welcome, looks like you are all set to go
 
Good day! Welcome!
Looks like you're rigged for Africa!!
 
Been a member here for awhile. Life is busy so just getting around to posting an intro.

Spend my hunting time pursing deer, moose, elk and lots of small game, gearing up for the spring snow goose hunt at the moment.

Always up for something new so have learned a lot by reading through these forums for a future African trip. That's likely a few years out (again life is busy) but I like to prepare.

On that note here's a pic of some of my tools:

  1. Blaser R8 Safari with steel receiver and kickstop. Champered in 458 Lott with an Aimpoint Micro.
  2. Dakota 76 in 416 Ribgy. Topped with a Swaro Z6I EE.
  3. Winchester Model 70 Classic Stainless in 375H&H. Haven't gotten around to scoping this yet.
  4. Blaser R8 with standard aluminum receiver. Chambered in 375 H&H topped with a Swaro Z8i


View attachment 746248
Well, Sir--you are properly geared up
 
Welcome! Glad you came on line; you have a great battery of arms!
 
Welcome, and we look forward to your participation.
 
Welcome! Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.
 
Welcome to AH Reckoner!
 
Always glad to welcome a new member from our 51st state!



(lol--joking aside, welcome)
 
That’s the Dakota you’ve been trying to sell I assume?! I keep looking at it every week
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,273
Messages
1,571,214
Members
169,274
Latest member
VilmaKorne
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top