Into large caliber rifles

Stock design makes a big difference to me.

I feel no discernable difference in recoil between by Winchester Model 70 in .375 H&H and my CZ 550 in .416 Rigby (with the Euro - style stock, of which I don't particularly like the look). For my last buffalo hunt, I went with the CZ, just because it was the heavier hammer, that I could shoot just as well.

If I could only have 2 rifles, however, it would be a .375 H&H and a .30/06.


I recently picked up a CZ in .375 H&H for a super deal. 1 in the chamber and 5 in the magazine - an African 6-shooter!!!

I might just set the old push feed Winchester free...
 
Stock fit is crucial. My first 9.3x62 kicked badly and gave me a good case of scope-eye. Even without a scope on it, it tries to rear up and hurt the shooter. It's worse than my 458 Lott for felt recoil. Bought another 9.3x62, a CZ550. Same weight, same LOP, lovely to shoot all day. Only difference is the stock design. The first will either get sold or restocked.
 
Stock design makes a big difference to me.

I feel no discernable difference in recoil between by Winchester Model 70 in .375 H&H and my CZ 550 in .416 Rigby (with the Euro - style stock, of which I don't particularly like the look). For my last buffalo hunt, I went with the CZ, just because it was the heavier hammer, that I could shoot just as well.

If I could only have 2 rifles, however, it would be a .375 H&H and a .30/06.


I recently picked up a CZ in .375 H&H for a super deal. 1 in the chamber and 5 in the magazine - an African 6-shooter!!!

I might just set the old push feed Winchester free...
I got 7 into mine . Unbelievable !
 
I will try to push a little harder, next time I load the magazine.

An African "7-Shooter" couldn't be beat!
 
I will try to push a little harder, next time I load the magazine.

An African "7-Shooter" couldn't be beat!
I know it’s good to have as many as possible in the magazine, but seriously…how many do you really need?

After 4 or 5 shots of quality DG ammo if you don’t have time to reload your magazine…your first shot should have been better.

You know, there’s a reason people make cartridge slides and ammo belts. I suppose it’s for those of us who can’t fit that many in the mag. ;)
 
I said better availability of the Ruger offering, 100% different from what you quoted me as saying. Let me explain availability.

I Just logged into largest whole sale house in the US and checked on 375 Ruger and 375 H&H ammo. The are only five loadings listed for the 375 Ruger and three of those are in stock, I could push a button and order cases for the store. As far as the 375 H&H goes there are 19 different choices and Zero (0) are available.
The perception of 375 H&H rifles and ammo more available as 375 Ruger is an old one and have to change, because in most areas in Canada, South Africa and Namibia it is not the case anymore. Hornady did its homework, and the distribution of their products is definitely on, and above par in most areas....even in Africa hunters and PH's realize by now what is the advantages of the Ruger cartridge. Therefore, we can no longer deny, it is here to stay.
 
The perception of 375 H&H rifles and ammo more available as 375 Ruger is an old one and have to change, because in most areas in Canada, South Africa and Namibia it is not the case anymore. Hornady did its homework, and the distribution of their products is definitely on, and above par in most areas....even in Africa hunters and PH's realize by now what is the advantages of the Ruger cartridge. Therefore, we can no longer deny, it is here to stay.
The .375 Ruger, and 416 Ruger for that matter work on standard long actions, no magnum length action needed. That's a big factor for me I like to get old M70s re-barreled.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,254
Messages
1,570,750
Members
169,145
Latest member
uneminceo1985
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top