Vintageguy

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
With the leaders of the world apparently all collectively loosing their minds and taking the world back to Cold War times or possibly far worse what’s your take on the future of international hunting.
With the BRICS Nations and the West heading increasingly in opposite directions with an eye toward having less and less to do with one another not to mention possible escalation in Ukraine or things unraveling with Taiwan.
China has an established and growing presence in Africa and more countries are looking at joining BRICS. I don’t personally see this trend being anything but negative for the future of international hunting. The irony is that it was only a short time ago that the “globalists” were a big concern but now those same people have brought about the current mess and are stoking the fires of division.
Meanwhile, people like myself would like to travel and meet new people, see new places, and enjoy my passion for hunting. It just looks like the current crop of morons calling the shots in this world are messing it all up for the rest of us and hunting and wildlife conservation stand to suffer from it.
What’s your thoughts?

Not much to worry about right now. The biggest economy in the group (China [CCP]) is trying to set up an alternative payment system to SWIFT same as BRICS. That would spell the end of BRICS.

Unless OPEC decides to dump the Dollar, nothing to worry about. The Euro is dropping into parity with the Dollar and the Pound, with Russia not being friendly with its neighbor, the Dollar will stay the reserve currency for a long time.

As far as international hunting goes, If you can get the woke & greenies out of control, it should continue. But those folks would rather see the animals die of starvation (its Nature's population control) before they would let any one shoot them.

Zambia has just lifted visa restrictions upon the UK and US. Zimbabwe welcomes anybody with money to spend with open arms. No anti feelings coming from Namibia, Botswana, Mozambique or South Africa, so my conclusion is that there is nothing at all to worry about.

I’m 63 and optimistic that African hunting will be around longer than I’m able to hunt there. Hoping for another 20 years, but time will tell.

To me, it's a more a feeling than a practical aspect, it's a sensation of instability and
worry. You know, we in Europe are very close to the "problem", and even more in the past few days due to the end of North Stream 2.
Anyway, the World is for sure a less safe place, every day less, at least it seems to me. And this is not good at all, as I also like a lot to travel for hunting and fishing and know people and places far from home.

I'm not too worried about the possibility to go hunting internationally in the future. I do fear for bringing trophy's back home. I think that will become more and more difficult.

Edit: and perhaps I also fear for travelling with firearms internationally via air. We represent too little of a population for an airline to add to their bottom line, and we need all kinds of non-standard processes and they need the employees to handle it all.

Last edited:
I'm not too worried about the possibility to go hunting internationally in the future. I do fear for bringing trophy's back home. I think that will become more and more difficult.
This is true
Maybe not so much from Us/Canada, but from Africa it would be more difficult for sure... Lion/Leopard/Ele most

If you jave thesefeelings, whichbi dont agree with
Then het booking and go and hunt and meet great people all over the world
If you thinknits not gonna get better, and i dont think it will get worse , then dont wait around! Get hunting amd travelling

Not much to worry about right now. The biggest economy in the group (China [CCP]) is trying to set up an alternative payment system to SWIFT same as BRICS. That would spell the end of BRICS.

Unless OPEC decides to dump the Dollar, nothing to worry about. The Euro is dropping into parity with the Dollar and the Pound, with Russia not being friendly with its neighbor, the Dollar will stay the reserve currency for a long time.

As far as international hunting goes, If you can get the woke & greenies out of control, it should continue. But those folks would rather see the animals die of starvation (its Nature's population control) before they would let any one shoot them.
I certainly hope you’re right but, Saudi Arabia has been in discussions with China to start accepting payment for oil in currencies other than the dollar for some time now and the weaponizing of the dollar by the current administration isn’t making the dollar any more appealing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaniaParkh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani