AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
KZN Hunting Shooting & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Sweden
Heard through the grapevine this evening that the man pictured had an encounter with a bushpig while hunting in a mealie field in Mpumalanga.
I can't seem to find any related news article. Can any members shed light on this incident?

caution-sign.jpg

GRAPHIC CONTENT BELOW

cc0e078c-313f-489f-b426-97faad492b08.jpg

caution-sign.jpg

GRAPHIC CONTENT ABOVE

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ack
I had that very same picture sent to me by a buddy over there. but that was January 9th.

he also has a tear on his stomach all the way across it.

Apparently another news report in Bosnia in January.

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 12.20.52 PM.png

In recent days, the image of an injured hunter circulates on the Internet. How unofficially we find out the accident happened in Serbia during hunting wild boars. A slightly wounded boar is a nappy that fell when he tried to escape the beast. The hunter who came out is under the constant supervision of the doctors.

https://infooo-balkan.blogspot.ca/2018/01/tesko-ozlijeen-lovac-za-vrijeme-lova-na.html

Hmmm seems very difficult to ascertain the facts without an actual eye witness or medical report. Thanks for the replies!

I bet you can find that at the running of the bulls in Spain as well.... either way.... ouch!!!!

I don't understand. "a slightly wounded boar is a nappy that fell when he tried to escape the beast". Probably means something to my Limey friends, but I am baffled...................FWB

Oops......................."citizens of the UK"......................not "Limey"...........grand daughter just read this and said my language is offensive. Apologies. .............FWB

This original text will make it even clearer:

Zadnjih dana internetom kruži slika ozlijeđenog lovca. Kako nezvanično saznajemo nezgoda se desila u Srbiji za vrijeme lova na divlje svinje. Lakše ranjen vepar je napo lovca koji je pao dok je pokušao da pobjegne od zvijeri. Nastradali lovac je pod stalnim nadzorom ljekara.

Thanks, Brick.............that sorts it out nicely...................Bill

Its interesting to see familiar language on this forum.
The above text is from Serbia
For Croatia, attacks are not so common.
Here is the related article, on following link.

https://www.wemjournal.org/article/S1080-6032(13)00085-9/pdf

In Croatia, there is 55.000-60.000 registered hunters.
Recorded attackes are only 7, in period of 13 years

Summary,
Hunter-game animal conflicts are occasionally reported from various parts of the world. This case series comprises all 7 game animal attacks on hunters reported to the Croatian Hunting Association over a period of 13 years (1999–2011), covering the entire Croatian territorial area. Seasonally, attacks occurred most frequently in the winter time, when the hunting season is at its peak. The most common attacking animal, representing 5 of 7 cases (71.4%), was the wild boar, and the majority of the attacks happened in the morning. All of our victims were male, with an average age of 51 years (range 26 to 69 years). Six victims sustained a bite wound or wounds and 1 was rammed by the animal. Almost all of our patients (5 of 7, with one unknown) recovered completely and without significant complications.

Full text and details of attack in on above given link, for those interested.

Attachments

• PIIS1080603213000859.pdf
    141 KB · Views: 226
In winter time, most of the hunting is driven boar hunts.

I dont have exact numbers, but unfortunately there is significantly higher number of casuelties, injuries and fatalities due to acciddental shooting by another hunter.
My estimate is at least 3-5 cases per year, but i can be wrong, My estimate is based on news reports that I notice on occasion.

The route cause is always human error.

That is a bad injury.

Nasty!

I have seen these type of injuries before, on driven wild boar hunts in Spain. Although dogs get the worse part.

I bet you can find that at the running of the bulls in Spain as well.... either way.... ouch!!!!

Not exactly, a boar will cut you while a bull will gore you. Different type of wound.

Oops......................."citizens of the UK"......................not "Limey"...........grand daughter just read this and said my language is offensive. Apologies. .............FWB
almost. subjects.. not citizens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.