Infections on the Rise, Johannesburg Mayor Dies: Virus Update

I agree with SES + having researched this since day one AND being coached by Family Doc and friends and relatives in the Medical profession, will not take an unneeded, untested VAX.
There have been "cures" and preventions available since before the beginning of this mess, and they could be found with a little time searching the Internet.
There!
Rant over and you will not hear any more "I told you so" comments from me on this matter.

We in the Netherlands got also a flare up in cases, but luckily I've been fully vaccinated (Janssen). Main reason for vaccination was traveling, at my age I am not concerned about COVID, but you never know for sure.

Hoping that travel Will bot be suspended in the near future.

I got the vaccine just so I can travel, not an anti vaxxer or pro vaxxer or whatever. I want to travel internationally and the easily way to do that was to get vaccinated. Also, I can stop wearing the mask in most places.

Interesting note that came from my HR department...if fully vaccinated I dont need to wear a mask in the office, but if I am in a conference room or car with someone else who is fully vaccinated I need to wear a mask. I was told this was in accordance to CDC guidelines and I didn't bother to look it up, just seems silly to me at this point.

My decision not to overnight in Joberg was more about concern of dragging it to my hosts in the Eastern Cape than for myself. That and my wife threatening to cut me off from contact with her for 2 weeks upon my return! I kinda like that lady and her threatening to cut me off for 2 weeks kinda hurt.

We have other options on the table:
1) Croatia Mouflon on the coast?
2) Romania roebuck and castle tours?
3) back to Argentina for stag?

Putting off Africa for a year also helps in that hopefully my Reto rifle might be done in time!

Hmmm, I’d like to hear more about Roebuck in Romania!

They have indeed brought the curve way down, but India is still suffering a 7-day daily infection rate of more than 40K with over 45K on July 6 (last posted data).

Brazil is worse. Both have a ways to go before it is "stopped."

South Africa by contrast is running a 7-day rate of a little over 16K. Of course, with a much smaller population than India.
Agreed Red Leg, 100%.

Now, the following is not directed at you but rather at @crs and whomever else believes Ivermectin is a "cure".....
Below is a copy / paste from the Indian) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare website FAQs:

"Are there any medicines or therapies that can prevent or cure COVID-19
While some western, traditional or home remedies may provide comfort and alleviate symptoms of COVID-19, there is no evidence that current medicine can prevent or cure the disease. We does not recommend self-medication with any medicines, including antibiotics, as a prevention or cure for COVID-19. However,there are several ongoing clinical trials that include both western and traditional medicines. We will continue to provide updated information as soon as clinical findings are available."

The format appears (in my "reply" box) a bit mangled, so hopefully it's legible. But the main point is this - India's MoHFW says "there is no known cure or prevention" at the moment. If they had "stopped it in its tracks" with Ivermectin or any other drug, surely they would be trumpeting that fact from the rooftops.

I know we all want an end to this pandemic, but jumping to conclusions and pushing therapies and "cures" that aren't thoroughly vetted is not the answer.
Rather, the answer lies in sound medical research that places honest and accurate collection, interpretation, and application of data above the delirious desire for a quick and easy cure. And while the double blind medical trials that are necessary to eliminate confirmation bias take time, they are necessary to keep us from hopelessly chasing after "cures" that have not been properly researched and vetted.

Bloomberg News
Fri, July 9, 2021, 9:19 AM·12 min read

Infections on the Rise, Johannesburg Mayor Dies: Virus Update

(Bloomberg) -- Coronavirus infections are rising across most regions of the world as the delta variant spreads, the World Health Organization’s chief scientist said. The reproduction rate in England has risen to levels last seen in October.
South Africa’s National Coronavirus Command Council will meet on July 11 to assess the country’s response to the pandemic. Johannesburg’s mayor Geoff Makhubo died after contracting Covid-19.
Thailand ordered stricter measures to contain a surge in new cases, while South Korea is raising curbs on social distancing to the highest level in Seoul for two weeks starting Monday. Malaysia reported the biggest single-day increase in new cases since the outbreak began.

Key Developments:
Global Tracker: Cases top 185.5 million; deaths exceed 4 millionVaccine Tracker: More than 3.35 billion doses administeredWhere Are We in Hunting for the Coronavirus’s Origin?: QuickTakeFrom Alpha to Delta, Why Virus Mutations Cause Alarm: QuickTakePfizer Inc. outlined plans for a third booster dose of its vaccinePandemic isn’t slowing down, WHO chief scientist warns
U.K. Cases Surge (9:26 a.m. NY)
U.K. Covid cases surged, presenting Prime Minister Boris Johnson with more worrying data about the fast-spreading delta variant of the virus ahead of a planned easing of restrictions on July 19.
The reproduction rate of the virus in England has risen to levels last seen in October, the government said Friday. Cases of the Delta variant, which now accounts for 99% of U.K. infections, rose by almost a third in the past week to 216,249 cases, data from Public Health England showed.
Pandemic Not Slowing Down (8:59 a.m. NY)
Coronavirus infections are rising across most regions of the world as the delta variant spreads, clear evidence that the pandemic isn’t on the wane, according to the World Health Organization’s chief scientist.
While vaccination levels in some countries are reducing severe cases and hospitalizations, large parts of the world face oxygen shortages, a lack of hospital beds and higher mortality, the WHO’s Soumya Swaminathan said in an interview with Bloomberg Television.
Spain on German Risk List (8:28 a.m. NY)
Germany reclassified Spain as an area of risk after coronavirus infections surged, raising the alarm about a country that’s among the most popular destinations for German tourists.
The ranking, which is Germany’s third highest, includes the Balearic and Canary Islands. But it has little practical impact, as quarantine can be avoided by travelers returning to Germany as long as they have proof of full vaccination or recovery from Covid-19, or can provide a negative test.
South Africa Command Council to Meet (7:46 a.m.)
South Africa’s National Coronavirus Command Council will meet on July 11 to assess the country’s response to the pandemic and whether current restrictions aimed at curbing its spread are appropriate.
The meeting comes two weeks after President Cyril Ramaphosa placed the country on virus alert level 4, shutting schools and banning alcohol sales and all public gathering other than funerals.
Johannesburg’s Mayor Dies (7:17 a.m. NY)
The mayor of Johannesburg, Geoff Makhubo, has died after contracting the coronavirus. Makhubo was hospitalized after becoming infected with Covid-19 and succumbed to the disease on Friday, the city said.

As been said in UK numbers of deaths inside the 28 day period they use as cutoff is tiny compared to previous figures ....high vaccination rates seem to have worked....hospitalizations are way down as well....and as the government has said now they opening up....numbers will rise substantially but due to vaccination severity of illness won't be an issue inthe majority, and society has to learn to live with the Chinese fkup virus....big problem is countries with low vaccination including India etc it is causing havoc.......

And after JZ went to the lockup on wednesday night the riots and protests have flared up, KZN in particular the N2, stoning, burning, trucks etc. So yip not so good...

Yeah but due to Zuma being locked up....nothing a few puff the magic dragons couldn't sort......

I heard that ol JZ said he didnt want to go to jail...LOL. :ROFLMAO:

Temporary hijack... The Romania roebuck hunt plans are the same that gizmo went on several years back. Two roebuck plus some touring, including good ole Vlad the impaler.

I've been hoping and planning to be there the last 2 Mays but Covid and the associated travel restrictions have kept that from happening. Maybe September?

Reactions: WAB
AS SOME OF YOU KNOW I AM A BOARD CERTIFIED SURGEON BUT PRIOR TO MEDICAL SCHOOL I WAS PART OF A LAND MARK STUDY ON CHICKEN BOX VIRUS (THE MICROANATOMIST) WHEN THIS DWHOLE THING STARTED MY ACADEMIC BRAIN SET OF TO LEARN AND READ AS MUCH WORLD DATA AS Possible! AND THANKS TO A WORLD WIDE TRANS;ATION SERVICE ( and $843.14 on my credit card every month)) I THINK I"VE GAINED SOME KNOWLEDGE ON THIS DISEASE. THE AMOUNT OF MATERIAL I'VE READ IN THE LAST 15MO I WOULD SUSPECT IS MORE PAGES THAN SOME OF YOU HAVE READ IN A LIFE TIME!
I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE A FEW OF THE THINGS I LEARNED!
1. THERE IS A HUGH NUMBER OF MISTAKES THAT HAVE BEEN MADE FROM A PUBLIC HEALTH
STANDPOINT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO AN UNEXCEPTABLE NUMBER OF MORTALATIES AND LONG TERM MORTALITIES!
2. I FULLY BELIEVE THAT THE DATA PROVES THAT THE 2 WIDLEY AVAILABLE MRNA VACCINES ARE AMOUNG THE MOST SUCCESSFUL AND EFFECTIVE THE WORLD HAS EVER PRODUCED FOR ANY DISEASE!
3. MY TRUST IN MY OWN GOVERNMENT AGENCIES THAT I"VE RELIED ON FOR MOST OF MY
PROFESSIONAL LIFE HAS NO BEEN DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR!!
4. THE POLITICAL GAMES BEING PLAYED BY MY OWN COUNTRY WHEN EVERY HOSPITAL CLINIC AND PHARMACY AND PUBLIC HEALTH AGENCY I"VE PERSOLNALY SPOKEN TO IS PUTTING EXPIRED VACCINE IN THE DUMPSTERS OR RETURNING IT ALMOST EVERYDAY, WE BETTER WAKE UP.
5. AND PHISER HAS A PLANT IN DURY SA PRODUCING 3-4 MILLION DOSES A DAY BUT UNCLE JOE AND HIS SIGNATURE MADE IT OUR VACCINE AND HE WAS GOING TO MAKE MAKE THE POLICY WHO SHOULD GET.
6. WHEN WE HAVE A UNCOUNTABLE NUMBER DYING IN INDEA AND PHISER MAKES A CORPORATE DECISION TO RELEASE 60MILLION DOSES THAT WERE IN THE FREEZER OR IN PRODUCTION AND OUR SOCIAL MEDIA GOT WORD OF IT ALL OF A SUDDEN JOE SAID WE WERE GOING TO HELP THEM WITH 60M DOSES (MY RESPONSE IS THEY NEED 800M DOSES AND JOES RESPONSE WAS LIKE GIVING AN EMPTY SHOT GLASS TO A COUPLE OF DRUNKS)
7. AND THEN WE NEED TO PREVENT THIS FROM EVER HAPPENING AGAIN ( THIS IS NUMBER 3 OF THE ENGINNERED VIRUSES SINCE 2007....WHO IS RESPONSIBLE AND HOW DO WE PREVENT IT)

THIS IS THE GREATEST GROUP OF FOLKS ON THE INTERNET AND I LOVE YOU!
PLEASE GET VACCINATED AND LETS GET OUR WORLD VACCINATED SO WE CAN ALL GET BACK TO WHAT WE LOVE AND DRAWS US HERE!

I appreciate your input!

So on the one hand you say this below.

PROFESSIONAL LIFE HAS NO(w) BEEN DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR!!

And then close with "PLEASE GET VACCINATED."

And also whenever I hear someone say "make sure this never happens again", I know they are not being realistic.
Of course it will happen again, just like everything else "happens" again and again.....

Not sure how serious to take this post.

So on the one hand you say this below.

PROFESSIONAL LIFE HAS NO(w) BEEN DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR!!

And then close with "PLEASE GET VACCINATED."

And also whenever I hear someone say "make sure this never happens again", I know they are not being realistic.
Of course it will happen again, just like everything else "happens" again and again.....

Not sure how serious to take this post.
well my advice on vaccine is not from a US agency it what I've personally experienced but much more what Ive reviewed in the world literature.
I ask you why we should allow enhancement of a virus to make them more deadly or do you believe this is just pure nature! IN 1975 were were looking at how to do this! Its now a science and their is at least one place in the world who has gotten a big jump. the world needs to ban together like we did after WW1 when we all agreed to ban Mustard gas, Has it NOT been 100% successful NO, but continuing
down this path without a world willing to say WHOA we better AGREE WERE SCIENCE AND POLITICAL PROCESS IS TAKING US IS NOT A POSITIVE DIRECTION!

Death rates and covid cases are inverse to the percentage of the populace vaccinated. I'll take that as proof the stuff works. The U.S. is pretty much back to normal because the rate is high. Rest of the world, not so much. As far as experimental, I'd like to know where that info originates. This family of viruses has been worked on for decades and the vaccine isn't really anything revolutionary, experimental or new. As to those that have endured the virus, good luck down the road when your organs go south not from the vaccination but the virus long term effects.

well my advice on vaccine is not from a US agency it what I've personally experienced but much more what Ive reviewed in the world literature.
I ask you why we should allow enhancement of a virus to make them more deadly or do you believe this is just pure nature! IN 1975 were were looking at how to do this! Its now a science and their is at least one place in the world who has gotten a big jump. the world needs to ban together like we did after WW1 when we all agreed to ban Mustard gas, Has it NOT been 100% successful NO, but continuing
down this path without a world willing to say WHOA we better AGREE WERE SCIENCE AND POLITICAL PROCESS IS TAKING US IS NOT A POSITIVE DIRECTION!
I say anyone who thinks Covid is from bats, pangolins, nature or China needs to open their eyes. There were lots of issues posted and released that should raise huge red flags, BUT seams they are removed, ignored, taken down or disappear. US head Doc and his emails, Canada evicting scientists when this came out and now our dictator closing all data due to "national security" reasons, China telling the WHO of the investigation outcome.

These are the real reasons I am waiting for any new fangled vaccine jab.

No more derail thread for me. I am nail-biting waiting for tomorrows announcement. Hoping an extension on same level and rules. Then wheels up. Time to live life, (however short/long that may be) fear mongering scare tack ticks been ongoing way too long. Safari I go.

MB

Death rates and covid cases are inverse to the percentage of the populace vaccinated. I'll take that as proof the stuff works. The U.S. is pretty much back to normal because the rate is high. Rest of the world, not so much. As far as experimental, I'd like to know where that info originates. This family of viruses has been worked on for decades and the vaccine isn't really nothing new. As to those that have endured the virus, good luck down the road when your organs go south not from the vaccination but the virus long term effects.

Well, its experimental in that it is being used on an emergency basis and is not yet approved. I agree that in most cases it does work and most will have a good outcome with no adverse side effects, though long term effects wont be known for some time.
But there are enough cases of illness and death to give one pause, not to mention the numbers of people who get Covid AFTER being vaccinated.
If you have read the rest of this thread there is plenty of reasons to consider taking a wait and see approach to this.
Herd immunity is the goal and the more of YOU that get the shots, the less chances the rest of us have to take them. :A Banana: (y)

I was mostly pointing out the contradictions in your earlier post. You lost faith in the govt, but then say GET vaccinated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theo van Heerden

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you