Infections on the Rise, Johannesburg Mayor Dies: Virus Update

Plain common sense says STAY THE HELL HOME and don't take foolish chances. This pandemic is here to stay for the forseeable future and beyond with all the mutations. Is an ego trip to Africa really worth your life or your loved ones? Running the risk of getting quarantined over there for who knows how long and not being able to reenter your home country? Possibly infecting your PH, his family and whoever you come in contact with? To each his own but it makes no sense at all to me.
Calm down Boomer, I understand the sentiment but let each person decide for itself. " Jedem das seine."

BTW The Delta strain is more contagious but less deadly. The problem in SA is that almost nobody is vaccinated.

Plain common sense says STAY THE HELL HOME and don't take foolish chances. This pandemic is here to stay for the forseeable future and beyond with all the mutations. Is an ego trip to Africa really worth your life or your loved ones? Running the risk of getting quarantined over there for who knows how long and not being able to reenter your home country? Possibly infecting your PH, his family and whoever you come in contact with? To each his own but it makes no sense at all to me.
Stay home for how long? Quite frankly if this is here to stay as part of our livelihood, then we need to learn how to live with it, not hide at home.

Seriously? I must say, I consider hunting something other than an ego trip. Having my teeth whitened - that would likely qualify as salving my ego. But hunting? Not so much. And if what you say is correct, then your only alternative is to hide at home for "the foreseeable future and beyond." And beyond may indeed be a very long time.

Wheels up on July 12. Hoping the restrictions stay where they are ( I actually want them to go down but doesn’t seem that will happen ). I’ve got mixed emotions but having had covid, hospitalized, and my Pfizer shots I’m going. It’s that or spend the next year in the closet- been there- done that. No thanks

Brazil and India stopped it with Ivermectin.
This information is available on the Internet to anyone that cares to research.
They have indeed brought the curve way down, but India is still suffering a 7-day daily infection rate of more than 40K with over 45K on July 6 (last posted data).

Brazil is worse. Both have a ways to go before it is "stopped."

South Africa by contrast is running a 7-day rate of a little over 16K. Of course, with a much smaller population than India.

Last edited:
Namibia also looks bad.
Incidence 410
Currently, less than 5% in Namibia are vaccinated, and the country is currently in lockdown.
This week the government has sent an emergency call to the EU disaster fund. There is a lack of oxygen for respiration in all corners.Especially in the Erongo region.
Bleak outlook.

Last edited:
Aye yi yi! I wont go so far as to say what others should or should not do, but I for one am very glad that I had no trip planned for this summer.
All of this up and down and angst about the this and the that would have made me nuckin futz!! I may never go again, but unless and until I can go in a more or less reasonable way, closer to when I last did it in 2017, I wont be going again. Too much trouble and BS for me. Others MMV.

They have indeed brought the curve way down, but India is still suffering a 7-day daily infection rate of more than 40K with over 45K on July 6 (last posted data).

Brazil is worse. Both have a ways to go before it is "stopped."

South Africa by contrast is running a 7-day rate of a little over 16K. Of course, with a much smaller population than India.
Don't confuse the issue with the facts!

A friend of mine that is going on a BC moose hunt with me in October just tested positive for COVID a few days ago. He has received both shots of the Pfizer vaccine. He is experiencing flu like symptoms. Obviously monitoring this situation closely.
I know this is off topic, but is B.C. actually open yet, or are you counting on it being open before you leave? I am asking because I technically have a trip scheduled for Sept.

Its not open, but some think it may be soon. I personally doubt it and my daughter lives on the Island and we would like to see her and our grand daughter without having to quarantine for two weeks and have multiple tests etc.

Nail biting time for sure - we leave next week.

Leoni at AfricaSky reports difficulty in getting our pre-approved rifle permits released from the SAPS head office.

That SAPS office was closed last week due to a Covid Staff member. Sure hope this gets resoveled before next Thursday.

Will Qatar accept the rifle permit Application, or is the pre-approved version mandatory??
I didn’t have any issues with Qatar, I did have a hard copy of my application with me but I don’t believe they even looked at it. I did receive an email copy of my pre-approval while in the airport.

The issue according to me is, risk a hunt this year and get my lion and other planned for animals. Or risk not going this year and never having an opportunity at a lion. I have already paid a substantial deposit that has been with outfitter for over 2 years, cannot expect him to hold hunt "forever" as Covid is not going away.

I have had no vaccines and will wait till worlds Guinee pig trial plays out. Sad but I know about 20 people who had Covid, all stayed home, some even felt good enough for wine with dinner, non went to a doctor or hospital. I know lots who have had vaccines and very sadly I know an acquaintance who had her second shot, woke at 3 am next morning feeling sick, went to bathroom and vomited but never made it back to bed as she died in bathroom. We are waiting to see from what, she was healthy and 70.

Whoever designed Covid did a dam good job. They need a medal or Nobel prize.

I still think wheels up and Africa here we come if allowed.

MB

I know this is off topic, but is B.C. actually open yet, or are you counting on it being open before you leave? I am asking because I technically have a trip scheduled for Sept.

BC is not open yet. I am hoping that around July 21, Canada announces opening the borders to vaccinated, COVID-free moose hunters.

We are not open, mandated test on arrival home and jail hotel for 3 days @ $2000 when residents return and then 14 day "supervised" quarantine at home, unannounced visits (from some SS Gestapo soldiers), phone app tracker and report in by phone daily.

Look at our dictators response yesterday when asked about non vaccinated travellers coming in to Canada. High and mighty baby Fidel. And lets not forget every time Canada meets his stated vaccinated numbers the next day he increases that number.

These rules DO NOT apply to him, no jail hotel, not even a recognized city and he posted pics with his kids in his van supposedly while isolating??

Its a game of his. I am done with it, that's why we are going on safari.

He will call an election before he opens the border. Planning for this summer as he wants a majority Gov. God help us if he gets it.

MB

We are not open, mandated test on arrival home and jail hotel for 3 days @ $2000 when residents return and then 14 day "supervised" quarantine at home, unannounced visits (from some SS Gestapo soldiers), phone app tracker and report in by phone daily.

Look at our dictators response yesterday when asked about non vaccinated travellers coming in to Canada. High and mighty baby Fidel. And lets not forget every time Canada meets his stated vaccinated numbers the next day he increases that number.

These rules DO NOT apply to him, no jail hotel, not even a recognized city and he posted pics with his kids in his van supposedly while isolating??

Its a game of his. I am done with it, that's why we are going on safari.

He will call an election before he opens the border. Planning for this summer as he wants a majority Gov. God help us if he gets it.

MB
What did he say yesterday about non vac travelers?

I didn’t have any issues with Qatar, I did have a hard copy of my application with me but I don’t believe they even looked at it. I did receive an email copy of my pre-approval while in the airport.

Thanks for passing that on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross