India Leopard attack

@Bapu
Question:
Hunting aside. What are actual shooting clubs and sport shootimg associations in India? What kind of guns they use for their sport activities? There is ISSF olympic team, so it means air guns, 22lr, and 12 GA for clay targets.
Is there issf 300 meters classic rifle?
Is there IPSC national organisation or something similar?
Yes we do have shooting clubs and associations in India. Basically import of guns is banned in India. You can only import a gun if you become a renowned shot which is extremely difficult. We do have all the ISSF competitions here. As mentioned by you. The clubs own competitive fire arms which the members can use. The other thing ammunition is very expensive and the choice is very limited. If they open up the import of guns in India, I think we will be a bigger market than the US. Cheers.

Actually it doesnt happen (often).

In such circumstances when human - wildlife conflict exists, in a country without regulated game menagment and hunting in place - in those places wildlife loses by: poisoning, poaching, illegal guns, wires, traps, etc
Very true.

If they open up the import of guns in India, I think we will be a bigger market than the US. Cheers.
This at least sounds positive!
I hope there is some legal motion from interested parties towards representatives and law makers!

Man animal conflict - the season starts now with the onslaught of monsoons. It’s during the monsoons the undergrowth becomes thick and in this cover the leopard takes the advantage. The season of conflict will be till February. After that once the day gets longer than things change.

if one of my children was one of the few eaten, it wouldn,t make me feel any better about it. even a lowly .22 single shot rifle could make a big difference between life and death. the government just don,t trust the people with firearms and some states here don,t care for it eighter.

if one of my children was one of the few eaten, it wouldn,t make me feel any better about it. even a lowly .22 single shot rifle could make a big difference between life and death. the government just don,t trust the people with firearms and some states here don,t care for it eighter.
It a lengthy process to get a permission to shot a maneater unfortunately in India. Hope some sense prevails and things change. Cheers.

what about snakes? can they be killed if needed.

Any kind of animal, bird ,snakes or reptile killing is a crime and is punishable. The funniest thing is if you have a robber coming into your house or coming to kill you can shot him or her but not a animal.

Any kind of animal, bird ,snakes or reptile killing is a crime and is punishable. The funniest thing is if you have a robber coming into your house or coming to kill you can shot him or her but not a animal.
That’s mind boggling, some people here in the states feel the same.

Has anyone heard something recently from the @Major Khan? I have not seen him post in a while. Neither @Professor Mawla

I hope they are well, as I love reading their insights.
You know I had been wondering the same thing. Professor Mawla was very active on here, but I don’t think I’ve seen a post for months. Was there a ban or an account lock? Hopefully they are well and just busy off the internet.

Question:
Hunting aside. What are actual shooting clubs and sport shooting associations in India? What kind of guns they use for their sport activities? There is ISSF olympic team, so it means air guns, 22lr, and 12 GA for clay targets.
Is there issf 300 meters classic rifle?
Is there IPSC national organisation or something similar?
mark-hunter,though this wasn't asked of me but i will ans this.In my country most of this sport was for the elite class of my country,a hangover from the Days of The Raj,the power of granting Arms Licence is a Discretionary Power of the District Magistrate {kind of a Sub- Governor of a District,a subdivision of a State}.The simple Guy cant even dream of Getting one.It requires a lot of pull,pushes and of course Cash,a lot of it.Then the next step,buying a firearm,a Browning Ultra sells for about 10K Us,a Blaser R8 in the 30-06 for about 12-15k US so does a M04,etc,etc. A 22 LR 10/22 Ruger for about 15-18K US,most of these are sold of by are Shooters who managed to get Renowned Shot certificates and are allowed to Import,a Box of 25 Cartridges 12 Ga cost about US$ 37,a Box of 25 Imported 12Ga about US$ 45, Pistol /Revolver a Colt/S&W etc,etc in the 357 Mag cost about US$ 18-20 K,9 mm is Prohibited Bore as the Services use it,32 Acp and S&W Long are made Locally along with 22 LR,the local ammo was Iffy till recently,now its OK,but nothing much to write home about.
NRAI,does Import Ammo,but not everybody has access to it,Air Rifles in 177 Cal are allowed without much paper work,Indian Ones are OK,imported are expensive.
Here you have to be very well off or from the services to have these Hobbies.The Common man cant dream about these.

i understand firearms are mostly a no-no or greatly limited to people in thoses countries, here any animal that is about to or soon try to eat you can be killed by any means, that inclulds dogs, farm animals and wild animal and snakes. there are many places in the U.S.A. that it is wise to have a firearm on your person or close by. one of these firearms is very close to me if i,m going where things could get hairy. colt m-4 in .223, rem 1100 12ga 3" mag(slugs-buckshot) springfield .45 auto.
Here the Colt M-4 would get you about 8 years in the Slammer,the 45 and the Rem 1100 would cost about US$ 15,000 +.

Everyday there are reports of man-animal conflicts in India. We have just trapped approximately 200 leopards in the state of Gujarat alone ! Poor guys will spend the rest of their lives in a 8x8 feet enclosure. We need to open up hunting and learn from Africa how to do game management. Make money and put it for conservation. Just my two cents.
Lets for a moment imagine that India went the African Way,take the Elephant/Lion/Tiger/Rhino+ a few more species out of the equation .Wild boar/Feral Hog,Neelgai,Axis Deer,Sambhar,problem Leopard and a few more whose population is Booming is allowed,Hunting becomes Legit[O Boy getting goosebumps just thinking},one Gets a Permit,{Still remember the time in UP when if one puts down a Conflict Tiger/Leopard one could shoot for 3 years without paying for a Permit},one tells the Forest Department to Buzz of,no payoffs for the Guards/Rangers,no Shikari is gonna allow Poachers to operate.Forest Department loses a major source of income.People legally moving around in Jungles,reporting all the wrong doings.Would that be possible.Think about it. Greenies in cohoots with these guys are making Policy here.I had a personal experience with this.Its not worth the trouble one is Subject to.

You know I had been wondering the same thing. Professor Mawla was very active on here, but I don’t think I’ve seen a post for months. Was there a ban or an account lock? Hopefully they are well and just busy off the internet.
As i know Professor Mawla is back in full uni duty in classes ,hunting as ordinary and on warden duties in his areas ,im sure hell be around here when he has time for it .

Can only imagine the pressure that big cats are under in a Country with the same population as China (1.4 billion) but only one third the land area. Photo of that beautiful baby girl that was killed is heart-wrenching. Learned a lot from the Indian members that posted.....thanks.....................FWB

Can only imagine the pressure that big cats are under in a Country with the same population as China (1.4 billion) but only one third the land area. Photo of that beautiful baby girl that was killed is heart-wrenching.
1.4 Billion and then some.Space isnt a problem,there are still some parts of India where Wildlife can thrive if handled properly.We are a large country with a massive land mass.Conflict arises when the Wildlife and the Human Population is competing for the same resources.In and around most of the National Parks Humans are farming and engaging in other activities,Cattle are going inside national parks to feed,Predators being the way they are looking for an easy meal do take them,then there is a Lot of Hue and Cry. People are Poaching in and around National Parks,corrupt Forest Guards allow it.The new activity allowed is Tourism in National Parks,animals want to avoid Humans,but Tour Guides in search for extra Tips are pushing Tourists near Tiger and other Dangerous animals,and then Shit happens and the poor animal is blamed.You can see enough videos on Youtube etc to see that how close stupid Tour Guides are pushing people to these creatures.

in my opinion all they need to boost the hunting, and increase wildlife numbers is to allow landowners managing wild animals on their property. Similar to south African model.

Well,first one knows what that really has to change there, question will that be possible to happen before all other things can then be done ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross