In memoriam - Daniel Barnard of NB Safaris passed away

Extremely sad to just hear and read this, I had seen them many times on their you tube channel.

Condolences to the family and best wishes to them at this difficult time, no doubt they will have support from family and friends.

Best Regards

I’m So sorry for the loss, I personally didn’t know Neil but I enjoy all the video hunts I have seen, true love, excitement, and passion for Africa’s wildlife and the people who benefit from the harvests. I believe the world has lost a wonderful man with his passing, but keep in mind you will meet again and his legacy does live on!!

Condolences to his family, tragic news.

Live feed to funeral is currently live.

That rifle salute was about as moving as it gets.

RIP NB
I suppose it is the best way us hunters say farewell - I did the same for when my Dad passed.

Very fitting funeral for a big energy of a man.

Here is a picture of me in the blue shirt and Neil having a great conversation about, guns, hunting and buffalo. This was in Sept 2019 after one of our BASA shoots. If I recall correctly he was the top double rifle shooter of that day. He will surely be missed but left an imprint on a lot of us who had the privilidge to know him. For those of you who couldn't understand the funeral as most of it was in Afrikaans Neil was very sick when young boy of around 12-13 and they all thought he wouldn't make it. Then they prayed especially his mother to give Neil more time with her and he survived and really lived life at 110% from then. And so our Father called him again but not after blessing a lot of us who knew him.

IMG-20200228-WA0024.jpg

More sad news from South Africa just heard this afternoon that Neil Barnard passed away in a motor vehicle accident I have no information on what happened.
A few months ago there was a thread over his Outfit company and his rates.

I enjoyed his talks at our shoots at BASA (Big Bore association of South Adrica) and he was always a gentleman. Had a true love and addiction on buffalo hunting having hunted over 70 himself. Loved his 500 NE double and could shoot it.
He leaves behind his wife Debbie and I think 3 young children.

I and BASA am definately going to miss him, he lived at full measures and always cheerful.
Prayers to your family and enjoy the hunting up there!

http://www.nbsafaris.com/About Us/About Us.php

Some info about him from his website.
Prayers to the family. I so enjoyed all of his videos. He will be missed as family to me and my family. Confolences

Sincere condolences to his family and friends are their loss.

:E Crying: On my very first safari in the early 2000s, which started in RSA and wound up in Zim, my PH and I drove the entire length of the N1 from the airport to Beitbridge, and along the way we saw countless high speed accidents (typ involving a truck,) but one in particular got our attention: A truck driver fell asleep at the wheel (at night) and clipped another in the other lane, ejecting him through the rather vertical windshield of his older rig, onto the highway. Traffic was stopped for the investigation, for all to view. There he lay the entire time in the bright lights. PH to me: "Welcome to driving in Africa!" They say 96% of people will be involved in a serious motor vehicle accident in their lifetime! Be Safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.