Importation or Transiting Procedures Through Countries with Weapons & Ammunition

I should have been clearer. I'm stopping in London for a few days after a hunting trip, to find an apartment starting September 1. Then return home, and a month later, head back without the guns! I agree - storage would kill me!

Thank. Very kind, but let's save it for when (or if!) I graduate!

It does cut into my hunting time. I've had to postpone my Lord Derby hunt by a year into 2019 - the last of the spiral horns I need!

We all have to make sacrifices . . . Or so my wife tells me.
Yes, more clear now, but I still see an interesting non-hunting report in your future!

Well, there will be one or two real hunt reports first. I'm sitting on a very comfortable Dreamliner at the moment, about to leave for Paris and then to Benin for a hunt with Christophe Morio.

Will get started on that one in Paris.

I have a question for an upcoming hunt with Pieter Erasmus. One of the rifles I intend to take with me is a Cooper model 54 in 6.5 Creedmoor. The caliber on the barrel is stamped 6.5 CRDMR. The ammo boxes will say 6.5 Creedmoor. So on the Saps 520 form under calibre should I spell out Creedmoor or go with CRDMR.
Thanks in advance,
Stan

I have a question for an upcoming hunt with Pieter Erasmus. One of the rifles I intend to take with me is a Cooper model 54 in 6.5 Creedmoor. The caliber on the barrel is stamped 6.5 CRDMR. The ammo boxes will say 6.5 Creedmoor. So on the Saps 520 form under calibre should I spell out Creedmoor or go with CRDMR.
Thanks in advance,
Stan

6.5 Creedmoor

Anyone have trouble with archery equipment on Emirates?

Thanks in advance,
Stan

Check with henry's but they look at the barrel for serial number and caliber not your ammo boxes. I would do what is on the barrel unless henry tells you different.

Anyone have trouble with archery equipment on Emirates?

Hi Jeff, we had several clients with bows last year on Emirates and no problems. You do have to get their weapons transit permit just like a firearm.

Hi Jeff, we had several clients with bows last year on Emirates and no problems. You do have to get their weapons transit permit just like a firearm.
Thank you for the input, I didn't know that and will contact Emirates and see about the permit. Thanks again!

Thank you for the input, I didn't know that and will contact Emirates and see about the permit. Thanks again!
Jeff, message me your email address and I'll send you the information - it's all done online with Emirates and it can take 4 weeks to get approval back.

PM sent

Always stay in touch with your Outfitter to check on the last minute development/possible changes regarding rifle and ammo importation.

I have tried to send SAPs an email trying to import my handgun from Canada to RSA for a hunt. Anyone have a new email in order to start the paperwork. Cheers

I have tried to send SAPs an email trying to import my handgun from Canada to RSA for a hunt. Anyone have a new email in order to start the paperwork. Cheers

What are you trying to start? SAPS520 can be completed at the airport when you arrive. (Actually, complete it all but the signature before you arrive and sign it in front of the officer.)
Do you have your Canadian Export Permit yet?

What are you trying to start? SAPS520 can be completed at the airport when you arrive. (Actually, complete it all but the signature before you arrive and sign it in front of the officer.)

Brickburn: I have the 1042 forms printed off. Where do I find this other form(s), "EXCOL"? Can't seem to find it in a printable format?

Gord

Further to my last message, where do I find a copy of the form required for transitting through Germany with firearms? Thanks.

Gord

Brickburn: I have the 1042 forms printed off. Where do I find this other form(s), "EXCOL"? Can't seem to find it in a printable format?

Gord

It is all an online process in Canada

Further to my last message, where do I find a copy of the form required for transitting through Germany with firearms? Thanks.

Gord

Transiting Frankfurt does not require a permit. (As of earlier this year. Check thread on that subject for details)

German firearms laws are a little complicated. Cities can implement their own rules. So it may depend where you are flying through.

Transiting Frankfurt does not require a permit. (As of earlier this year. Check thread on that subject for details)

German firearms laws are a little complicated. Cities can implement their own rules. So it may depend where you are flying through.

I'm planning on flying into, and then out of, Frankfurt.

I'm planning on flying into, and then out of, Frankfurt.
If you are not stopping over and are truly transmitting, you do not require a permit.
Look up thread on Frankfurt here on AH and it will have the most up to date information in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,