I will be going to Africa!!!

Crackerman - enjoy all of the prep and planning and the little details necessary for such and epic adventure. That process is half the fun. I committed to my first trip last June after a friend returned and invited me to join his group on a return trip. I had a light rifle and have totally immersed myself into all things safari on the path to getting ready. I located and tuned up a big bore DG rifle over the fall and have been testing loads and learning to shoot from sticks. I have been acquiring a set of gear items that I lacked or needed upgraded. A few more scopes and hats and binocs, etc. Wife and I met with the PH earlier this month while he was in country and attended SCI as well as the AH dinner gathering that weekend where we met tons of like minded folks. My hunt is not until June 2025. My list is now more or less final:
  • Warthog (or Blesbok)
  • Blue Wildebeest
  • Impala
  • Kudu
  • Baboon
  • Cape Buffalo
We also are going to SA in the Limpopo Provence near the Zim border. I still have over a year to wait, (ugh). In fact it is such a long time that I am discussing with my PH of possibly doing a shorter African warmup hunt this year to go after some smaller or varmint type game just for fun. This is not yet a done deal but a possibility. Jackal, Caracal, Tiny 10, or even Croc. It is an obsession, lol.

Plan to add the kudu. Once you see one you’ll want it for sure. It took all my willpower to not take a second one and really blow past my budget more than i already had.

I was offered a management bull opportunity... but had already blown past my budget; the cow buff didn't help. hahahaha... I had to sprint hundreds of yards - after hiking miles - to catch up wit Wik on the final approach, after it went over a ridge. I feel certain you will appreciate that.

To the thread's author: as others have said ADD THE KUDU. And don't be afraid to ask about management/cull opportunities.

This is my management bull. I have two others that are larger. I am working on starting a collection, for them and warthogs. :p You should start your own collection. Statistically, odds are strong this won't be your last trip. No time like the present.

P1020163.JPG

Congrats on pulling the trigger. I can't wait to go next year. So many things to learn and plan on just to sit and wait. Sweet torture.

Congrats, we look forward to the report!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENNNadine8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you