Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
With no selection whatsoever of bullets or powder available and absolutely no time away from work to play with loads, I was forced to pick up a box of 130gr TTSX and use the only powder the I had enough of to load a couple boxes plus some test rounds. With no time to play with anything, I went straight to quickload, calculated a load that duplicated the barrel time of my old 140gr load, fired one shot over the chrony to verify velocity was as predicted then proceeded down to my gun range and fired 2 shots at 100yds almost touching and exactly where my 140s were sighted in. (the 130s appear to be significantly more accurate).

Problem solved, crisis overted and with plenty of time to pack and get some honey dos done before heading out for Texas in a couple hours.

That program is worth every penny, the more familiar I get with it the more I am amazed at its accuracy and versatility.

Link?

Good luck on your trip.

Thanks for the information!

With no selection whatsoever of bullets or powder available and absolutely no time away from work to play with loads, I was forced to pick up a box of 130gr TTSX and use the only powder the I had enough of to load a couple boxes plus some test rounds. With no time to play with anything, I went straight to quickload, calculated a load that duplicated the barrel time of my old 140gr load, fired one shot over the chrony to verify velocity was as predicted then proceeded down to my gun range and fired 2 shots at 100yds almost touching and exactly where my 140s were sighted in. (the 130s appear to be significantly more accurate).

Problem solved, crisis overted and with plenty of time to pack and get some honey dos done before heading out for Texas in a couple hours.

That program is worth every penny, the more familiar I get with it the more I am amazed at its accuracy and versatility.
@Diamondhitch
Heard a lot of good things about quickload.
I use Blackells load from a disc. More cartridge and powder and projectile combination than you can wmswing a handful of manuals at. Even Wildcats.
Bob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg