I just may have found her!

Quaticman

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia
Merkel 140 AE chambered in .500 Nitro Express. Comes with a reloading package including dies, brass and bullets. The asking price is $8,500.00 CDN ($6,950.00 US).
It's not my preferred caliber however it would be an introduction to the World of double rifles. Should I grab her?

dude, is that even really a question???

shucks. at that price, buy it even if LOP is off. spend another chunk on a new butt stock.

Show us pictures of your new rifle

At that price, there is not much risk in finding out. Oh, and please stop using that "need" word. It's inappropriate for this discussion. ;-)

And it comes with some reloading stuff if it is the one I am thinking of! Congratulations if you get it!! And you shouldn't hesitate all all , buy it!!

I was looking for a bit, and it is rare to find one for sale, and purchasing from a well known company who would know a lot about doubles should be very reassuring! If I wouldn't have found a 470 I would have jumped on that the second I seen it for sale!

Last edited:
As already stated, you don't need a use for a gun. It's a great price so it's pretty much your duty to buy it and post pictures of it. I look forward to seeing them lol

EXERCISE CAUTION...

FYI - @TOBY458 and I have seen a few scammers on GI and GB recently selling a Merkel DR 470NE, a highly engraved Merkel K2 and a Krieghoff DR in 470NE. All of them priced waaaaay below what they should be. If it looks too good to be true, it might just be. Buyer beware.

Ask questions, like for detailed pictures of the breech face, proof marks and muzzle ends. This simple step can sort things out quickly. If they can't provide them...don't buy it.

I hope it works out for you.

EXERCISE CAUTION...

FYI - @TOBY458 and I have seen a few scammers on GI and GB recently selling a Merkel DR 470NE, a highly engraved Merkel K2 and a Krieghoff DR in 470NE. All of them priced waaaaay below what they should be. If it looks too good to be true, it might just be. Buyer beware.

Ask questions, like for detailed pictures of the breech face, proof marks and muzzle ends. This simple step can sort things out quickly. If they can't provide them...don't buy it.

I hope it works out for you.
Yes. We saw this on three different rifles just this week. When emailed they either don't respond or if they do it's apparent that they don't have the rifle in hand.

UPDATE: I pulled the trigger today (pun intended) on the Merkel 140 AE .500 Nitro Express double rifle.
It comes with dies, 100 Norma brass and a couple of boxes of Woodleigh Weldcore bullets. I will post a picture when it arrives. In the meantime does anyone know what factory ammo or reloads this rifle would be regulated with?

I sent an email to Merkel with the serial number and they responded quickly to my inquiry.

Mine also had the test target and the papers showing what was the regulated load. In my case it was federal ammunition, I am not sure what loads were used with the 500 nitro.

So happy you purchased it!!

Craig

No such thing as to much gun! Mine was regulated with Federal Trophy Bonded and I had a Swift A-Frame load in one trip to the range.

Merkel 140 AE chambered in .500 Nitro Express. Comes with a reloading package including dies, brass and bullets. The asking price is $8,500.00 CDN ($6,950.00 US).
It's not my preferred caliber however it would be an introduction to the World of double rifles. Should I grab her?
@Quaticman
You shouldn't be asking that question.
The title should have been just bought my first double.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross