I am not sure who needs to see this...

Never seen a live cicada. I guess we don't have them here? Too bad, cause I was thinking tacos?

I think I’ll just continue to thank the good lord I’ve never been that hungry.
Yeeesh!

You should try your hand at chicken and sausage gumbo. I love seafood gumbo, but it costs me about 50-60 USD for the ingredients. Steaks are less expensive than that, at least here.
Chicken prawn & sausage are my basic ingredients for Cajun gumbo, I don't shred the chicken, just chop it up and throw it in. I use Spanish chorizo sausage because of the stronger flavour and add a few cubes of smoked bacon to boost that up. For my version of Creole gumbo it's all seafood, no meat, as seafood is relatively cheap here in Australia, prawns, mussels, clams, scallops and a firm white fish like cod or shark. Adding a good sprinkling of red chili flakes warms it up. The one essential vegetable that is sometimes hard to get fresh in Oz is okra. When I go hunting or trout fishing during the winter I take frozen gumbo in my pack and by eats time it's thawed and ready to heat up over the fire.

There here every year in Kansas. Not many until July and August. Copperhead snskes like them

SERE School cuisine, besides a green ant or two in OZ my insect consumption has been quite minimal.

When the Cicadas are going strong up at the Lee's Ferry of the Colorado river, flyfishing with Cicada patterns can be exciting.
yeah, I use a cicada pattern around mid-summer on the steelhead rainbows of the Tongariro river, or anywhere where the juicy morsels hang on the foliage above the water.
Photo courtesy of danblanton dot com
proxy-image.jpg

SERE School cuisine, besides a green ant or two in OZ my insect consumption has been quite minimal.
Not so fast.......LOL.

A study by an insect control company stated, that the average person consumes 140,000 pieces of insect every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.