I am a Hunter

Welcome to AH,

This may sound silly but warm plates and coffee cups, nothing cools of hot food faster than a cold plate. During your winter months make sure your plates and cups are warmed before setting them out for your clients to use.

Have a good shooting bench with a proper chair or stool and sandbag to check or zero firearms. I could zero my rifle off of a folding table with a tire on it for a weight / rest while sitting in a folding chair but I don't, I go to a range with a solid shooting bench, sturdy benches and multiple sand bags to allow me to support the front and rear of my rifle. After investing thousands of dollars and travelling thousands of miles I'd really like to make sure my rifle is still zeroed before start my hunt. Once my zero is verified I'll move to the shooting sticks so my PH can assess my shooting skills.

These may seam like small thing but they are thing we notice and remember. Eating breakfast and checking the zeros on our rifles are some of the very first things we do at your camp so why not put your best foot forward. Its the details that separate good from great and your clients first impression usually lasts the longest.
Thank you Sir good advice I will take it and make it my own.

Hello, And welcome, Tony. I look forward to reading your posts. One of my pet peeves is outfitters who don't post their trophy fees on their website. If I'm going to lay out big bucks for a hunt, I want to know what it"s going to cost me so I can adjust my list of trophies. Sounds like you have a great operation. Good luck.
Thank you Sir, my price list is on my site go and have a look. It makes sense to have it available.

Publish prices and rates, includes and excludes on your websites.
I don't understand why many outfitters don't make this information public.

If you're going to tell me anyway, why not make it available from the start?
It's one of the most important aspects to many hunters so make it clear from the outset.

Why should you get my business if you can't be up front with your prices and why should I have to ask for them and then wait and wait and not get a reply.
I don't bother with outfitters who don't publish prices any more.

Answer enquiries. I have made four in the last three weeks and only had one reply.
Guess which outfitters won't be getting my business.

This is in general of course, not aimed at Tony. I haven't looked at his website or made any enquiry to him.
I have taken all at hart, thanks Sir. We have all our prices on our site as well everything included and excluded. SWE HAVE A SAYING THE BIGGEST SURPRISE IS THERE IS NONE!!!

Tony, I've had some very good hunts but so far have struck out on civet and honey badger, am thinking of giving it another try this year!
We have done lots of Civet and Badger hunts, you will need 7 days min 10 will be better, Civet is driving and shining it has the highest success rate, I hunt crop Fields next to the Crocodile river. And Badger is over bait with a 100% success rate if the clients make a great shot, Badger is small and flat in shape not that easy to hit, blind setup not further than 40 feet.

Let me know I can set you up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois