Huntress posing with bloody HEART

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen if wildebeest are poor mans buffalo are crayons poor mans pens? If that’s the case I’ve never shot any but I killed the odd one with my big hands as a child. its a shame we can’t hunt the species which have fallen by the wayside I’m sure a nice quill mount would look stunning.
@Skinnersblade
You could have a point.
I stopped using crayons when I left them on the heater and they melted.
When I was a young'n at school and up until 1970 we used a pen dipped in an inkwell and had to write in italics. Many a young girl with long hair had it dipped into the inkwell especially the red head that used to sit in front of me.
Bob

Here we are on page 7 and not another peep out of Fred Gunner. I guess he was content to stir up some discontent and sneak off into the sunset.

Here we are on page 7 and not another peep out of Fred Gunner. I guess he was content to stir up some discontent and sneak off into the sunset.
@Newboomer
Probably found his lithium and has settled down.
Bob

Yeah, where is old Fred? This was the most entertaining thread here in a while? Maybe he'll resurrect himself soon and come up with another doozy?

Yeah, where is old Fred? This was the most entertaining thread here in a while? Maybe he'll resurrect himself soon and come up with another doozy?
@CoElkHunter
He might have turned into one of those bleeding heart people, he needs to smell some burning powder again. The China flu affects people differently maybe it's a side affect.
Bob

Might have got a little time-out to ponder his tone and demeanor? :E Shrug:
I agree with CEH though, it’s been kinda quiet around here lately and old Fred livened things up! Thanks Man Killer (y)

@CoElkHunter
He might have turned into one of those bleeding heart people, he needs to smell some burning powder again. The China flu affects people differently maybe it's a side affect.
Bob
Bob,
He could also use a taste of that heart cooked properly. I didn't want to go HERE, but this thread has forced my hand. When I shot my first Pronghorn here in Colorado, the mangy scoundrels I hunted with, made me take a bite out of the heart and then put a .308 bullet through my hunting cap (no I wasn't wearing it). They told me it was "tradition" for my first Pronghorn kill. Bastards! At least it wasn't a .243? Ha! Ha!
CEH

It’s about time someone calls out the so called arm chair conservationists who sit in plush Washington DC and London apartments who make a living from raising funds for conservation most of which goes to paying for admin costs and not directly to conservation. Jerome recently posted the video on save the rhino which is a classic example of this type of behaviour. We are sick and tired of these “conservationists “ telling us how to manage our game.
Giraffe are NOT endangered in South Africa! In fact there are a few game farms now that are culling Bulls and offering them for less than what this ladies husband forked out!
The fact that Eastern African countries cannot manage their game populations should not mean that Southern Africa should be painted with the same brush! Of course the “conservationists “ will not know this because they are too busy raising funds...
Is the picture distasteful? Well yes! I feel it dis hounours the grand old Bull.
has she succeeded in calling out the “conservationists” absolutely. She has taken a stand and shown them the middle finger I suppose.

I don't think this is a big deal.

It is not different from holding up a pair of backstraps for a #trophyshot that the flat-brimmed HUSH crew is all about, except that I actually prefer eating heart over backstraps.

Here's a question to ponder: Do you think the people that everyone is tiptoeing around and trying not to offend wouldn't be offended with just a pic of her and the dead giraffe? Of course they would. The solution is for people to not get offended by everything rather than tiptoeing around them. They are allowed to look away and not be outraged. If their tolerance level is what we decide to adopt then we need to all stop posting kill pictures.

I think there are photos in bad taste. I don't think this one is. My opinion though and everyone has their own line. There is a photo around of a lady literally winding up on a crippled sandhill crane with a baseball bat floating around. Not a fan. I have a few other pet peeves but they are my own.

Everyone has their line, but I recently posted a pic of my wife with a 7mm hole in the center of a bison heart she got on a draw tag. Of people do not like it, they can choose to not follow a page that is 95% hunting photos....but I did not leave a seven foot piece of esophagus laying in the background of the photo, however :)

Bob,
He could also use a taste of that heart cooked properly. I didn't want to go HERE, but this thread has forced my hand. When I shot my first Pronghorn here in Colorado, the mangy scoundrels I hunted with, made me take a bite out of the heart and then put a .308 bullet through my hunting cap (no I wasn't wearing it). They told me it was "tradition" for my first Pronghorn kill. Bastards! At least it wasn't a .243? Ha! Ha!
CEH
@CoElkHunter
My son had to eat a piece of raw liver and have stripes put on his forehead and cheeks with the animals blood as a show of respect for his first Namibian animal. A Springbok.
If you had used a 243 you wouldn't have got your pronghorn and I would have had to shoot you.
Bob

Extremely poor form and attention seeking for this exact result. We at Bayly Sippel are about as passionate as it gets when it comes to hunting Giraffe but some pictures are best kept for the personal collection. Acts like this will be the reason Giraffe hunting gets banned.

Throwing gas on a fire that you have to put out by yourself is not the brightest of actions.

In the context of this forum or other hunting related media where the target audience understands and can appreciate the photos, stories, articles, and general discussion, I have no issue at all with the photo.

In a perfect world, all would understand how conservation works and how hunting is and has always been a large part of our existence. We don't live there.

Showing old photos of your great-grandfather at a family reunion is appropriate. Purposely showing them to the old fart down the street from whom great-grandfather stole great-grandmother, just to piss him off, is not.

So, although I applaud the passion to fight and flip the finger, in the context of general social media and the fact the we have to fight and defend conservation by way of hunting at every turn, I take issue with the idea of the photo if it was being used just to jab the antis and melt snowflakes.

My anger and frustration with the persistent unreasonableness of the thought process of the anti-hunting sentiment is the same as everyone here. So I would love to scream and holler and sling crap at them every chance I got. But that would be very selfish on my part as all hunters would have to pay the price for my actions. We are already fighting a huge fire with no idea if it will just get away or not, so throwing gas on it when nobody else is going to help us put it out seems senseless to me.

Have you noticed that when a hunter does or says something that is perceived as negative, then all hunters are likened to them? But when a hunter is recognized for great conservation efforts and/or lifelong achievements to society he/she is deemed the exception. :unsure:

This fire will never be put out. It is hard enough to try to control. If we keep throwing gas we're gonna get burned.

Perhaps someone PMed old Fred and they met and are still discussing it personally.

I have no problem with the picture of the lady holding the heart. I wonder, would it have been more acceptable if the lady holding the heart had been a native bush women, celebrating her windfall. I know it would have been more National Geographic.

The huntress can definitely read the wind. She would be picking a fight and she got one. She knew before she posted her photo, it would incite the PETA's and tree hugger crowd.

As the old preacher once said, "I don't believe I would have said that in church!"

:D Passed Out:

That photo doesn´t bother me at all, however I don´t think it´s a good idea of putting it in any social media.

I've been critical in the past regarding situations like this. Most of the time its the photo itself that I find problematic. This particular picture I believe to be in acceptable taste and informative in regards to heart size. It is her commentary and intentional pot-stirring that is in poor taste.

I say the following to no one in particular but rather the concept. In regards to hunters arguing against other hunters, what makes one side's opinion automatically right? I will continue to have my own opinions on various topics.

The antis don't care if the picture of you and your trophies are in good taste or not. The antis don't care if the shoulder mount hanging on your wall is giving respect and immortalizing the animal you killed. The antis don't care if the animals you kill and money you spend helps conservation. They flat out do not care what we do. What they care is for hunting to be banned for ever. So, regardless of what we do, it will never be good enough for them.

If I don't like something, I just don't look at it, and or change the channel. I have a choice. The antis have that same choice, but they choose to fight us on. I'm tired of hearing we shouldn't do that, we are better than they are, blah, blah, blah. When are we going to say, fights on b*tches!!!!!! Also, we are our worst enemy, instead of being a united bunch, we jump at the first opportunity we have to criticize someone for how they are dressed, the rifle they use, the pose of the picture, etc, etc. We also continue to criticize other hunters time and time again without knowing or having all the facts. I'm sure all these antis are reading what we write, and watching these post.

Certainly does appear to be.

Don't want to see that part of the photo session. Thanks.
I'm fairly certain it's the esophagus and not penis- a giraffe penis is that that big. Don't ask me how I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg