Huntress posing with bloody HEART

@Fred Gunner
Good on her for full filling her dream and having a shot back at the uninformed animal libbers. I hope the skin she got makas a great rug.
Bob
View attachment 390436
A mate holding a giraffes heart to show the cup of a 375 H&H projectile stuck to the left side of the heart. The projectile didn't penetrate but separated with only the cup reaching the heart. A good example of bullet failure and the importance of using the correct bullet for the game.
That is just freakin' amazing. I had no idea that a Giraffe heart was that big. I ALWAYS save the heart from a game animal when possible for cooking. Yeah heart is on the chewy side but chopped fine it's great. Anyone ever have a Giraffe heart cooked? What's it like? Just WOW.

View attachment 390227
I’M OVER THE MOON’

Trophy hunter slammed for posing with bloody HEART from giraffe hubby paid £1.5k for her to shoot as ‘Valentine’s gift

A TROPHY hunter posed with a bloody giraffe heart which was cut out of the beast she shot.

Merelize Van Der Merwe, 32, infuriated campaigners by sharing the photo of her "perfect" Valentine's Day gift.

She boasted how her "wonderful" husband paid £1,500 for her to kill an old giraffe at a game park.

She captioned the picture: "Ever wondered how big a giraffe's heart is? I'm over the moon with my big Valentine's present!!!"

It sparked outrage among animal rights activists who said it was plain "cruel" and branded her a "sociopath".

But Merelize argues her kill actually helps save threatened species in South Africa.

The defiant mum told the Mirror she calls animal rights groups "the mafia" and has "no respect for them".

The couple had been planning a Valentine's trip to the resort of Sun City but they "quickly" changed their plans when the opportunity to shoot a giraffe came up.

Merelize said: "I'd waited years for my own perfect bull – the older a bull gets, the darker he gets.

"I love the skin and the fact it's such an iconic animal for Africa.

"Our plans changed quickly. My wonderful husband Gerhardt knew this was my dream.

"I was like a child for two weeks, counting the days. Afterwards I was flooded with emotions."

She plans to use her 17-year-old victim's skin as a rug.
U.K. press is the worst. They are truly terrible people from my experience!

My God, I can't believe we claim to be a bunch of African hunters, and no one has asked with caliber, rifle and how far was this giraffe shot. :) :) :)
Your right! And none of those questions have yet to be answered as far as I've seen through this epic thread? And, why does an old giraffe turn black when apparently an old zebra doesn't?

My point exactly. A truly dumb shit photo to be posted on this site. Jerome..delete it. How assinine can we get with these type of photos.
@Areaonereal
Mate have a look at the photo I posted on this site in this post showing the poor performance of a 375 H and H projectile.
Is this unacceptable to you when demonstrating bullet performance.

To post it on a social media site isn't exactly a good idea tho..
Bob

I don’t really see how any opinions can be drawn one way or the other about the size of the enclosure from the information presented. The only observation I’m able to make is the lady hunter doesn’t appear dressed for a hard day in the bush.
@Skinnersblade
The problem with opinions mate is they are like arseholes, every one has one. Even me I agree her clothing may not be for a hard days hunt. She may have been sitting in a blind to whit she is dress properly. Either way she got her dream which is more than a lot of people.
Bob

Yeah, those might be Courtneys’, but too low cut for me hunting all day!
@CoElkHunter
In Australia foot wear like that has many names. Airated Japanese safety boots, Jesus Nike's, thongs.
Bob

Hunters against hunters. Just what the hunting tradition needs. If it’s a legal hunt shut up and move along... congrats on a great giraffe! Thanks for the pics glad to see happy hunters helping Africa survive.

Agreed!

Divide and conquer is part of any good political strategy. While we don't have to like everything, let's not let the anti's divide us.

I came across this - supposedly the same woman shooting what the caption in the video says is a .458 Lott. I've never shot anything that big and it looks like she's handling it well. I was a bit concerned with what looked like some difficulty with extraction (7 sec). What say you all?

Fred mate,

I’ve read about you in a little book called the DSM 5. Now be a good boy and take your Lithium every day. Otherwise those bad voices you hear are going to become real again and put you in one of those funny jackets with the awkward long sleeves...

@Areaonereal
Mate have a look at the photo I posted on this site in this post showing the poor performance of a 375 H and H projectile.
Is this unacceptable to you when demonstrating bullet performance.

To post it on a social media site isn't exactly a good idea tho..
Bob

Yeah well what do you expect if you use a 375 thing.... :E Shrug: :E Rofl:

I came across this - supposedly the same woman shooting what the caption in the video says is a .458 Lott. I've never shot anything that big and it looks like she's handling it well. I was a bit concerned with what looked like some difficulty with extraction (7 sec). What say you all?

Good on her for shooting it.
She needs to bring that bolt back a little harder. Tough when you have a smaller stature.
That third shot she took rang my bell just watching it.

Kept the gun in control and aimed it without killing anyone.
I'd love to have seen the target and what she hit with it.

I'm not ready to have her as my (back up) PH with that current level of performance. :)

Yeah well what do you expect if you use a 375 thing.... :E Shrug: :E Rofl:
@spike.t
I agree mate he should have use a 35 Whelen with a woodleigh hydrostatic bullet, no problems with penetration then or even a 250grain Speer. The person in the photo had my Whelen as a backup but was told not to shoot.
Bob

If this is the face of Hunting that you support it's over and in a very short story...If the hunting community does not condemn this in the strongest way...If we continue to support pen killing then we have already lost and true hunting is going to be lost forever...Own IT!!
Heck, all of South Africa is pen killing just that some pens are larger than others. The game hunting ranches do serve a purpose though and I would not condemn it unless animals do double duty (petted in younger days, shot when older).

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen if wildebeest are poor mans buffalo are crayons poor mans pens? If that’s the case I’ve never shot any but I killed the odd one with my big hands as a child. its a shame we can’t hunt the species which have fallen by the wayside I’m sure a nice quill mount would look stunning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg