Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.tallyho.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI, PHASA, SA Wingshooters
Tally-Ho is a family owned 13,560 acre game ranch in the northern most region of South Africa. The farm is located between the Soutpansberg Mountains and the Limpopo river. Tally ho is home to more than 20 huntable species, including sable antelope, roan antelope, buffalo, white rhino and of course the majestic southern greater kudu. Various game birds are also available on request such as guinea fowl, francolin, pigeons and grouse.

game_gal27.jpg

The farm offers facilities which are comfortable and when visiting Tally-Ho we try to offer our visitors a genuine South African bush experience from cuisine to the kill. Accommodation can sleep up to 20 adults in a colonial style farmhouse and four thatch roof chalets, comfortable lapa and swimming pool are close at hand.

hunt_gal30_30.jpg

After a long days hunting enjoy sundowners at the lookout with unprecedented views of the Blouberg and Soutpansberg mountains and those sunsets found only in Africa are a welcome treat. Dinner and drinks in the open air lapa allow visitors to soak up the bush atmosphere and truly unwind.

hunt_gal30_32.jpg

We cater for non hunters and rifle and bow hunters alike. We are members of S.C.I., P.H.A.S.A., S.A.H.G.C.A. and W.R.S.A. and practice fair chase principles at all times.

Seven permanent hides ensure success on a variety of species for the bow hunter, and excellent guides will ensure success for the rifle hunters. Should you wish to hunt plains game species such as blesbuck, springbuck, black wildebbest etc. this can be arranged on adjacent farms or in the area. For BOW HUNTING there are six blinds currently on the farm situated at water holes, the blinds vary from sunken blinds to elevated, all are strategically positioned with a lot of traffic.

Approximately 20 different species are available to hunt including Sable antelope, Roan antelope, Tsessebe and Cape buffalo.

hunt_gal25_75.jpg
hunt_gal25_53.jpg
hunt_gal25_77.jpg

Tally-Ho game ranch is extremely well equipped with 3 hunting vehicles, 1 game drive vehicle, 2 working vehicles and various other farm implements. Hunting vehicles comprise of Toyota land cruiser 4X4's all fitted with comfortable seats for travelling to hunting areas and with winches and full game recovery equipment. We have excellent slaughtering facilities with a walk in cold room. The farm has exemption for hunting all species year round, and any certificates/permits for transportation of meat etc. will be issued from the farm on date of departure.

The butchery is of the highest standard and has 2.4m high walk in cold room where entire carcasses as well as skins and capes can be stored before being moved to taxidermist. There is a taxidermist within 10km of the farm, for any trophy dipping or similar preparations of any nature. The staff is capable of skinning, caping and salting animals. If the hunter has a preferred taxidermist, we recommend that you make arrangements for the trophy to be dipped and packed in Alldays and shipped to your preferred taxidermist.

The Pietersburg / Polokwane international airport is a mere one and a half hours drive from the farm. There is a 1.5 km tar landing strip in Alldays this is twenty minutes away from the farm. There is an 800m gravel landing strip on the adjacent farm. Details and co-ordinates of these can be supplied on request.

Accommodation

Hunters Lodge:
Accommodation is in thatch (grass) roof chalets, each with en-suite bathrooms and private patios overlooking a water hole and feeding area. The chalets are tastefully furnished and provide for your every need. All linen (towels and bed linen) is supplied. The lodge is surrounded by large indigenous trees with excellent bird life. For the non-hunters they can walk to the nearest hide and view the extensive bird and animal life. Laundry is done on a daily basis and is included in the daily rate.

hunt_gal12_05.jpg
hunt_gal12_01.jpg
hunt_gal30_24.jpg
hunt_gal30_20.jpg
hunt_gal12_02.jpg
hunt_gal30_10.jpg

The hunting area consists of three farms bordering one another with no internal or dividing fences. Total area is 5424 HECTARES in a rectangular shape of plus minus 5km by 10km. The farm has exemption for hunting all species year round, and any certificates / permits for transportation of skins, trophies, hunting documents etc. will be issued from the farm on date of departure.

game_gal14.jpg

Field preparation is undertaken on the property (skinning, salting and cleaning of skulls). There is a Taxidermist within 10km of the ranch which will see to all your trophy requirements i.e. dipping and shipping of trophies and mounting if preferred. The cost thereof is not included in our rates. During your hunt a visit to the taxidermist can be arranged.

hunt_gal26_17.jpg

Bow Hunting

There are seven blinds currently on the farm situated at water holes, the blinds vary from sunken blinds to elevated, all are strategically positioned at water holes with a lot of traffic.

Please note we have a minimum charge of R30 000.00 per group (incl. animals, accommodation etc.) per weekend excl VAT. If the group does not shoot enough animals, to make up the minimum amount, we will shoot animals of your choice, to make up the minimum amount, and the meat will be delivered to you the following week.

game_gal28.jpg

game_gal03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Bow Hunting South Africa

full

full

full

Very nice animals!!

Hi Jeff

Thx i believe so too

A few hunting pics

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Tally-Ho

full

At the Airport

full

Cape Buffalo

full

A few hunting pics at Tally-Ho

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Two great trophy's

30" Inch Blue Wildebeest

full

60.5" Inch Kudu

full

full

full

full

The wildebeest and kudu immediately following are very nice indeed.

60.5" kudu! Geez I guess I'll just dump my 50"er!:(
Are the crocs out of the Limpopo? Your croc deal sounds very interesting. Hopefully 2018.
That is one fine bunch of pictures of warthogs too! Not a young one in a single picture!

60.5" kudu! Geez I guess I'll just dump my 50"er!:(
Are the crocs out of the Limpopo? Your croc deal sounds very interesting. Hopefully 2018.
That is one fine bunch of pictures of warthogs too! Not a young one in a single picture!
Hi all
thx for good comments
we only shoot the odd young warthog to eat in camp
we are having a great season
the crocs are out of the limpopo yes, got a few good ones this year

let me know if you need anything else

regards

Beautiful trophies. My favorite (as always) is the kudu and like the hartebeest.
All are great and congratulations on such a fine array of quality animals. You would have to be very proud.

Beautiful trophies. My favorite (as always) is the kudu and like the hartebeest.
All are great and congratulations on such a fine array of quality animals. You would have to be very proud.
Hi Dr Ray

thx for the kind words, i am sure the various hunters are very proud, and obviously I am very proud to say these trophies are hunted on my property

we strive to improve our quality each year and 10 years of this principal are really paying dividends and we are seeing good results

i think we will average around 54-55" for kudu this year and we have shot 16 bulls so far on this one property, so the proof is there

regards

A few hunting pics from Tally-Ho

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,