Hunting With Spear Safaris Your One Stop Safari Destination In Africa

Some more good fortune from Sweden

DSCN6143.jpg

News from 2017 & Update for 2018 With Spear Safaris

Please take the time to read this very short update for 2018 and news from 2017.

The year two thousand and seventeen started with a great many challenges and uncertainties, with the USA and a new President, and uncertainties throughout the world, we found that many People from around the Globe were hesitant to travel.

It was hard work to get people confident enough to come out on Safari, and we would really like to thank all our loyal " friends and Agents" that supported us during this difficult time.

Burkina Faso:
The season started as usual in Burkina Faso with our Presidential Park, Pama Central North. I was lucky to host 5 hunters at Pama this Season and am happy to report 5 good Western Buffalo, 5 good Roan, the new no 5 SCI Nagor Reedbuck and quite a few more great trophies to have been taken. The area is still great and we are settling in nicely now. The camp will get some attention before next season in order to have things run a little smoother than before. It has been a long road but seems to be coming together now.

For 2018 so far we have 5 hunters booked and hope to get a few more in order to fill our quotas. I will start as soon with these safaris as the Dallas Safari Club convention ends. Knowing the area even better now I look forward to hunting some great trophies.

South Africa:
Our biggest challenge for the year was dropping fences with the Greater Kruger at our Maseke concession and not receiving any quota to hunt in 2017. Quite a blow as we had a few hunters ready to come. It was not all lost as we still had the Phuti Game Reserve with great Buffalo as well as some other large properties near Alldays in the far North. Having the back up areas, we managed to produce excellent safaris, one in particular that stands out is a father son hunt that produced, 2 each of the following species. Buffalo, Roan , Sable, Eland, Gemsbuck, Kudu, Zebra , Wildebeest and many more. What an exciting hunt.
One of the biggest and welcome surprises was receiving a phone call from the Manager at Hannah Lodge, inviting us to re open the Hunting there after a 6 year rest. Our very first safari back there this year produced a 58" and a 57" kudu in two days. We really look forward to 2018 and finding all those dream trophies.

Another welcome surprise was being invited by two Farm owners / entrepreneurs to take over all their properties to run as our exclusive concessions. As I am writing this we are busy renovating the camp into something that we at Spear Safaris will be proud of, bringing to our clients, the Real Bush experience, but still providing all the luxuries that only South Africa can give. This new area is going to produce world class Sable and great "dagga boy" hunting. Obviously this area situated just below the Soutpansberg, in North Limpopo, also offers all the plains game of the area like Kudu, Gemsbuck, Eland, Waterbuck and many more. From this new camp we will be able to hunt in excess of 65 000 acres of prime bushveld country.

Tanzania
For those that still do not know, my childhood friend Wayne Grant and I, endeavoured into Lwafi / Nkamba game reserve in the western part of Tanzania. This concession is in excess of 950 000 acres and borders Katavi National Park.
We went in blind not knowing the area, but were we pleasantly surprised: 100% on Leopard, 100% on Buffalo, 100% on Lion and then many more plains game species such as Eland, Roan, Hartebeest and more.
Being new to us and trying to further explore the area, we kept our prices, LOW, very low. Our prices here are comparable to Zimbabwe and must surely be the cheapest that you will find in Tanzania on a good area with the best Outfitter's.
As we develop and grow these prices will increase to its full value, so now is probably the time to get in on the deal, if you ever wanted to hunt Tanzania. We are also exploring the possibility of adding another Game reserve close by, in order to have a larger Quota and more diversity.

Please make sure as to contact us for more details on our 3 different regions and Safari areas.

2018 is going to be one of the best seasons yet, with all these areas coming together and blooming.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Ernest, it looks to me like Spear Safaris had an exceptional year with some exceptional trophies! Great job and congratulations to you and your clients!

Thank you for the post(s). Thoroughly enjoyed them.

Dr. Ray
Thank you for the kind words. Over the years I learnt that we need to Hunt in Africa, not just a region within Africa. This has helped me grow and learn a lot. Working in different environments and with different people has helped me learn so much more about the Hunting and Outfitting business, and I am still learning every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaggieBayl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!