Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Hunting Raffle for a Dangerous Game Hunt in Zimbabwe

This raffle was sent to me by Sally Bown, Administartive Officer of Safari Operators Association of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe Professional Hunters & Guides Association and Inbound Tour Operators of Zimbabwe Association to share with all of you.

Sally Bown email reads:
PLEASE see attached details of a Buffalo and Plains Game Hunt for 2011.

This is to raise funds for the Keegan Langley Trust Fund. Those of you who know Ade Langley will recall Keegan, Ade's son, was seriously injured last year in a car accident. He is due back home in April, thanks to the marvellous support given by all of you.

Please circulate to all your clients and data base. All donations are gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Sally Bown
Admin. Officer
SOAZ

Background information:
Keegan Langley, an 18 year (at the time of the accident) old student at Falcon College in Zimbabwe, was involved in a horrific motor accident 2 months ago. He is the eldest son of Ade Langley, a long-time PH in Zimbabwe. Keegan is in the ICU of a hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa, where he is still comatose. His recovery is expected to be lengthy and costly.

In the absence of any significant medical insurance in Zimbabwe, local community leaders have stepped forward and formed the Keegan Langley Trust which continues to raise funds to meet the high costs of keeping Keegan in the best medical facility available.

Keegan Langley Trust Hunt Raffle 2011:
Dear hunter,

Your support of previous hunt raffles is truly appreciated by the Trust and the Langley family. Here is an update on Keegan’s condition.

There has been limited progress both physically and mentally. Keegan is medically stable but is still in 24 hours a day nursing care. He has undergone 2 operations, both have been successful but the results of the second (intrethacal baclofen pump) may take up to another 6 months to manifest. The Langley family was hoping to get Keegan home to Zimbabwe at the end of January 2011. However doctors have stated that he must remain in Johannesburg at least until the middle of the year. He has brief periods of clear lucidity and responsiveness. He is blind, but vision may partially return with time.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

watermark.php

Steve Emary, of Cape Town, South Africa, winner of the 2010 raffle, with his buffalo. He hunted with Rob Henderson, also of Cape Town, taking 2 zebra, 2 wildebeest, 2 impala, a warthog, hyena, eland and giraffe, as well as this great buffalo, all in just 7 days. Ade Langley, Keegan’s father, guided the hunt.

Buffalo and Plains game hunt, 2011:
Mazunga Safaris, Bubye Valley Conservancy, have once again donated this hunt. The Keegan Langley Trust thanks them for this wonderful gesture. www.mazungasafaris.com

• 10 days full daily rates for 1 hunter and 1 observer, as well as arrival and departure days.
• Trophy fees for 1 Buffalo bull, 1 Eland bull, 1 Zebra, 1 Wildebeest, 1 Giraffe, 1 Impala.
• International airfare for 1 hunter (economy).
• Dip and Pack of listed species.
• Shipping of listed species.
• Road transfers to/from camp to Bulawayo.
• Services of PH, full hunting team plus vehicle.
• All government levies on trophy fees and daily rates.

Excluded:
• Trophy fees, dip/pack and shipping, of any species taken over and above those listed above. Extra tags include Kudu, Waterbuck, Warthog, Bushpig, Zebra,
• Wildebeest and Giraffe.
• International airfare for observer.
• Connecting flights to international departure airports in the USA.
• Gratuities to camp and field staff.

RAFFLE & TICKET INFORMATION & CONDITIONS:
• 250 tickets only will be offered.
• US$250 per ticket.
• No limit to number of tickets per buyer.
• Draw will be conducted on 30th April, 2011.
• Draw will be made by the chairman of the Keegan Langley Trust, in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, either as soon as last ticket is sold, or on above specified date.
• If all tickets are not sold by specified date, the Trust reserves the right to delay the draw for a period not exceeding two weeks, at which time the draw will take place regardless.
• Winner will be notified as soon as possible after draw.
• Safari must be booked by winner within 30 days from date of notification.
• Safari to take place in 2011 or 2012.
• Hunt venue will be one of the camps on the vast Bubye Valley Conservancy in the Lowveld of Zimbabwe.
• All questions relating to The Keegan Langley Trust Hunt Raffle should be directed to Ade Langley by email adehunts@gmail.com or phone +263 712 412557.

To Buy Your Tickets:
Contact Jennifer Ryan, 229.226.5717, Jennifer@btcsafaris.com

First Commercial Bank
Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Branch: Commercial Bank, Thomasville, GA
Swift Code: FICOUS44
Account Name: Keegan Langley Trust
Account No: 1001095254
Or send check in favour of KLT Hunt Raffle 2011 to: Jennifer Ryan, c/o BTC Safari Outfitters, 125-C North Broad Street, Suite 313, Thomasville. Georgia 31792.

Attachments

• Keegan Langley Trust Hunt Raffle 2011.doc
    114.5 KB · Views: 265
Last edited by a moderator:
We need to keep this thread active....

All for a great out come...

Our friends outside Bulawayo know the Langleys and had kids at Falcon with Keegan. What happened was horrific. If you have any idea of the economic problems that familys in Zim have to face, then you would know that the problems in finacing Keegans care are truely huge.

The Keegan family support the safari industry and I urge you to buy a ticket in this raffle.

This looks like a real good cause to donate to. How long ago did this happen and is there a current update on his condition? I know it says 2 months ago, but I figured that must be old since there was a hunt raffle in 2010 and the pics are already up.

Here is an email that I received today from Jennifer Ryan with some updates.

Hello all,

The Keegan Langley trust is holding a raffle for an African safari again. Many of you may have read or heard about Keegan's accident and if so you will know that it’s an ongoing effort to sustain Keegan. He requires about $2500 per month in care that is a huge number for any family.

Your support of previous hunt raffles is truly appreciated by the Trust and the Langley family. Here is an update on Keegan’s condition.

There has been limited progress both physically and mentally. Keegan is medically stable but is still in 24 hours a day nursing care. He has undergone 2 operations, both have been successful but the results of the second (intrethacal baclofen pump) may take up to another 6 months to manifest. The Langley family was hoping to get Keegan home to Zimbabwe at the end of January 2011. However doctors have stated that he must remain in Johannesburg at least until the middle of the year. He has brief periods of clear lucidity and responsiveness. He is blind, but vision may partially return with time. You can also visit Keegan’s website to get more updates - www.keeganlangleytrust.org

Mazunga Safaris, Bubye Valley Conservancy, has once again donated a Buffalo/PG hunt and tickets are on sale now! www.mazungasafaris.com

Please pass this on to anyone you know might be interested and send your check in now to reserve your ticket!!

Best wishes,
Jennifer Ryan

Jennifer Ryan
BTC Safari Outfitters
1-877-60-SAFAR (7-2327)
229-226-5717

If any of you had any concerns about this hunt raffle being legitimate please rest assured that this raffle is totally legitimate and the funds raised through this raffle will go to directly to help Keegan Langley.

Jerome

This lad has been in the hospital going on 2 years.

Keegan Langley from injuries sustained in a road accident at Esigodini, Zimbabwe, on Saturday 4 May 2009.

The following is from "Zimbabwe Lifestyle"

Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Keegan Langley's Trust.

Placed today from the langley family...............

Dear family, friends, all who are friends of Sally and Adrians and finally all other Zimbabweans who have found themselves in a similar situation,

Hi,

I'm writing to you all to make an appeal for Keegan Langley's Trust. This is a tough call.

As you may or may not know by now that my brother Adrian and Sally's son, Keegan, was involved in a car accident at Falcon College a couple of weeks ago.Where by Keegan came of the worst of the youngsters involved. Suffering serious Head injuries, and other bodily injuries. He was flown to Johannesburg Milpark Hospital. He is in the ICU there, in a coma, since the accident. To date, the Doctors are not sure as to the extent of the damage.
Never -the- less whatever the outcome the road to recovery is expected to be a long one. Spanning many, many months of tests, treatments, and possibly months of further treatments.

To compound the problem he has no Medical Aid / Insurance of any sort, and his folks do not have the wherewithal/ assets to meet the costs.Falcon College ( Where Sally teaches & the family lives) have been great & in recognising their situation have set up a Trust to try and assist. We as family are doing whatever we can to help & have attached a copy of their appeal.

Mailing this out to you all has taken a lot of thought - we obviously do not want to offend anyone. But have to ask for help.

Please take this in the light of the situation at hand. We are also appealing to you to send this to anyone or organization you may think can help or be able to assist in fundraising to assist with this traumatic situation.

Thank you all.

Mike and Jeanne.

James.Grage, Thank you for this post. Yes it has been indeed a long and challenging struggle for Keegan Langley and his family. What is raised from this raffle is going to an extremely good cause and in addition someone is going to get to go on a dangerous game hunt in Zimbabwe.

this is too good to pass, and for a good cause!

after i get back from my honeymoon next week, i'll have to get one

THANK YOU ALL.

I was born,raised,schooled and fought in what was then Rhodesia and I thank all of you who support this cause...from the bottom of my heart!

Bump to top

Well im sending my money in for the winning raffle ticket tomorrow. But this is a great cause so everyone feel free to buy up all the other raffle tickets. lol

I talked to Jennifer and there are not many tickets sold yet.

So, in order to try to assist I have posted the information on a local hunting forum. If anyone else has some places locally to spread the word maybe you can help out.

locally spread.

I just found this out.

IT IS WITH DEEP REGRET THAT WE ANNOUNCE THE PASSING AWAY OF KEEGAN LANGLEY AT DONALD GORDON HOSPITAL, JOHANNESBURG, AT 16:10 ON SUNDAY 17th APRIL, 2011.

The Memorial Service will be held at 15:00 hours on Thursday 21 April at Bryanstone Bible Church, 9 St James Crescent, Bryanstone, Johannesburg.

Bryanstone Bible Church is situated half-way between Ecclestone and Wilton Avenue, GPS S 026 degrees 03' 29.0", E 028 degrees 01'57.1"

The family have requested that there be no flowers, but would rather have donations to Headway.

Tea will be provided after the Service.

My sincere condolences to the Langley family.

I'm so sorry for the Langley Family.

Our sincerest condolences to the Langley Family.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Be strong.Stay strong.Our thoughts are with you and yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevin C.

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg