HUNTING Kudu

To me, you have a 12" diameter, for your perfect shot placement
 
an equilateral triangle of atleast 10 inches
 
"Aim small, miss small." Wish I knew who said that first. When I train youth hunters, I always ask them what their target size is. They always point to the vital zone and I hold up a shell casing and tell them it's the size of this bullet. It makes a huge difference in the concentration and attitude.
 
The lower, right-and dot in the picture is what my PH called "putting it in the crease". It's a double lung from broadside and ruins little of the meat. We shot eight animals using that guide and 100 +/- yards was the furtherest tracking. Most of the tracking was finished after 50-75 yards.
 
"Aim small, miss small." Wish I knew who said that first. When I train youth hunters, I always ask them what their target size is. They always point to the vital zone and I hold up a shell casing and tell them it's the size of this bullet. It makes a huge difference in the concentration and attitude.

Good example to teach by K-man
 
This shot was 22 yards
He fell within 40

IMG_1566.JPG


IMG_1580.JPG
 
full
 
No one has mentioned a front on shot. I've been told that this isn't the best shit as there's to much chance of missing the vitals.
Mine was front on at 120 yards. My PH said I could wait for a broad side shot or go low on a front on shot. I chose the low chest shot. He made 20 yards and nose dived. Autopsy revealed the top of the heart blown out and the bullet was found in the rear ham after over 5 foot of penetration.
35 Whelen 225grain accubond at 2,850 fps.
20191031_214245.jpg

Front on shot
20200123_133438.jpg

35 cal 225grain accubond recovered from the ham of my Kudu.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,260
Messages
1,570,051
Members
168,822
Latest member
LawrenceMa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top