HUNTING Impala

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
14,042
Reaction score
10,651
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
5,597
Articles
321
Hunting Impala Shot Placement

Post your questions, comments or pictures relating to hunting shot placement.

Hunting Impala
impala_shot_placement.jpg


Hunting Impala
impala_perfect_shot.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A good centered shot right in the front shoulder will make these Impala's very sick, very quick! There isn't to much tracking if hit properly!!! And talk about some tasty meat!!!
 
Much to do is made over shot placement of African game, but like American game a behind the shoulder shot or a shoulder shot will put any of them down. If you miss the heart you will get both lungs...

I have no idea where all this confusion came from other than from someone attempting to be a self imposed expert on shot placement and couldn't find anything to write about..I guess its a pet peeve of mine.
 
In the crosshairs...

full
 
Impala have a built in target...right where the colour change occurs!
 
Much to do is made over shot placement of African game, but like American game a behind the shoulder shot or a shoulder shot will put any of them down. If you miss the heart you will get both lungs...

I have no idea where all this confusion came from other than from someone attempting to be a self imposed expert on shot placement and couldn't find anything to write about..I guess its a pet peeve of mine.

I'd say that's true on some plains game but on others their anatomy is downright confusing. You will never go wrong holding lower and further ahead than you do on North American game.
 
full
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,114
Members
169,903
Latest member
RicardoMar
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top