Hunting Elephant

Great story line! To be there would be out of this world!
 
Almost time to start on this years jumbos.
 
That is one heck of a bull Bluey! Congrats!
 
Even if it was a virtual kill.
Pieter I hope you see this thread. I like this bull a lot!!!
 
@CAustin you will have a great hunt with @Paw Print and Pieter. I only spent a day with him at lion camp but he sure proved himself as a top notch DG hunter/outfitter.
 
Warbird I am wishing I was already there man! Been trading some emails with Pieter and he is working things on his end.
 
Last edited:
I have been pushing client for deposit for my 3rd elephant, payment was due 3 weeks ago. I have decided to put it up for sale again. Mozambique elephants are not allowed to be imported into USA.
 
Great story!!!

I kind of understand why some people de-value this hunt because you can't take the ivory back, but it's still a great hunt. I personally don't like the elephant mounts you see in the USA. I can see uses for the ivory in display. But the true moment of the hunt is all the walking, stalking and getting in the right place to kill an elephant without any one else getting hurt or another elephant killed because it charged.
 
@enysse , you hit the nail on the head, getting into the right place ......
 
Well after a few nights break, Wednesday I head back up to camp....2 elephants back to back and hopefully and third. I hope @CAustin , elephant mojo also shines on us....
 
That bull is now mounted and proudly stands in a Frenchmen's house in France.

This is what totally pisses me off. Obamavitch is so fng stupid. Everybody else in the world is hunting Polar Bear, Elephant, Jaguar, Cheetah and on and on but I, being an American citizen, am forced to sit on the sideline. What's smart or proper about that. Somebody needs to slap the USF&WS upside the head and explain to them that they are not saving any animals. Rather they are denying us the opportunity to participate in their conservation.
 
Pancho, you hit the nail on the head!!!!!
 
This is what totally pisses me off. Obamavitch is so fng stupid. Everybody else in the world is hunting Polar Bear, Elephant, Jaguar, Cheetah and on and on but I, being an American citizen, am forced to sit on the sideline. What's smart or proper about that. Somebody needs to slap the USF&WS upside the head and explain to them that they are not saving any animals. Rather they are denying us the opportunity to participate in their conservation.

You're dead right.

Problem is, our government isn't interested in conservation. It is interested in the perception of conservation. And there is the problem....
 
They know squat how it works in Africa.
 
Problem is, our government isn't interested in conservation. It is interested in the perception of conservation. And there is the problem....
That same attitude seems to be how they address every issue. All about perception and public opinion, facts don't even get considered. Pisses me off so I can't think straight!
 
TMS, you tell a great story! Thanks.:A Clapping:
 
@Pheroze , I just tell how it is on the ground. Unfortunately we being pushed into a corner. I truly don't know how much longer I will be able to afford to run the area.
 
Sure hope you can afford to run it for a few more years!;)

R.
 
@Pheroze , I just tell how it is on the ground. Unfortunately we being pushed into a corner. I truly don't know how much longer I will be able to afford to run the area.

It truly amazes me what you are accomplishing there. You deserve to be rewarded for your hard work and industry, and I really hope that anyone who has the skills and wherewithal to hunt Moz considers you. I know I would in a heart beat.
 
For me the first thought in the morning was to wonder what the day would bring. The second thought was visualizing the sequence of raising my rifle, focusing on the front sight, pushing the safety forward, and "inhale, exhale, squeeze." The hunt was everything I hoped it would be and much, much more.

For those curious about the where and with whom, we hunted in the Caprivi Strip on one of Jamy Traut's concessions. We booked the hunt with Jannie Otto Safaris. I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

I went into the hunt with a forty-pound minimum. In other words, I told myself that I would not shoot a bull whose tusks weighed less than forty pounds. When we found our bull on the third day, the PH's estimated him right at forty pounds. What really attracted all of us was the sheer size of the bull, and how thick his tusks were. The tusks carried the weight all the way to the tip, so we knew he was an old bull. The tusks had not been pulled by the time we left camp, so I came home not knowing what the ivory weighed. It really did not matter since the hunt was absolutely classic, but I will admit to being more than a little curious. Two days ago I got a picture of the tusks with little cards at their bases listing the weight. I was stunned to find out that the right tusk weighed fifty-five pounds, and the left tusk (broken at the tip) weighed fifty-two pounds. It turned out that I had been fortunate enough to take the best bull of the season.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,374
Members
169,344
Latest member
linebet
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top