Hunting caracal with dogs

Jaco throwing the dad down to the ground and grabbing the kid is not what I have in mind.LOL I am thinking you or jaques just might trip me and save dakota.I have not talked with jacques about this yet but good to know you do this also as he has said good things about you.Is this type of hunt one you can pass on females to keep hunting for a big male or is this take what you can.

@Marius, I also understood that his son wanted to do it, and I still do not see the problem (just my opinion).
@Billc any well experienced guide will be able to put your son in the ideal and safe position.... prior and post shot.... to take a Caracal over hounds, I truly feel that this should not be a major concern, for safety when hunting with a well experienced guide, I do understand that safety cones first but do not consider it any more dangerous than having a child of 10 or 15 take a Buff, or any dangerous game with a rifle.

Talk to your outfitter/guide and hear what his feelings are, if you need someone for that day,... Either me or Jaques Spamer will take care of your boy with all the care and attention that I or we would give our own children.

My best always.

It's not about whether it can or can't be done. Sure it can be done. Wild animals, when put under pressure, can react in any way. Maybe we have a different "sub-specie" of caracal down here in the Eastern Cape.( Just joking Jaco) The ones that we hunt here, seem to want to eat you. Majority of cats taken here I have found were on the ground, and challenging the dogs, and not in the tree. In the tree, no problem. On the ground, with 10 dogs snapping at it, getting poked by a sharp object.....tends to annoy them a bit.

Hey billc, see if you can get yourself a little handycam or something, then you can start to record once you start running after the dogs and post it here when you get back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you