Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
One thing I try to bring on a hunt is some 8mm climbing cord, carabiners and some small light weight shackles. Sure saves the

20181128_095411.jpg
20181128_095334.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Rick! I just bring a four wheeler with a winch.:ROFLMAO:

That should have read "small light weight pulleys". But it does save the back.

Worked for me more than once. And helped others more than a time or two.

Rick,

Where ever did you find a draft horse with antlers?

Did you sleep overnight inside it until you found a rough terrain crane to get it out with?

Rick,

Where ever did you find a draft horse with antlers?

Did you sleep overnight inside it until you found a rough terrain crane to get it out with?
I'm not really sure I understand your humour... sorry. At any rate, if I can avoid bending over for long periods of time, all the better.

I’m pretty certain it’s reference to that bucks size and how the hell you were getting it out of he bush.

I'm not really sure I understand your humour... sorry. At any rate, if I can avoid bending over for long periods of time, all the better.

Brickburn got it right.

That thing is huge. Congrats. Too big for me to deal with at my advanced age.

Brickburn got it right.

That thing is huge. Congrats. Too big for me to deal with at my advanced age.
Thanks, but honestly the camera plays tricks with the perspective. Only an average size. But it was all I could do to to drag it 50m to a tree. Once the guts were out it was easy and only a little ways to the skid trail and into the truck. Back truck into ditch, drop tail gate, skid into truck. Once home I used the same pulley system to hoist into a crossbar for skinning and quartering.
Had I been further out, I'd have boned him out and packed...

Hunting alone, often for mule deer, I've had to either quarter or even bone out a buck. Then pack the meat out on my back.

I'm pleased to say that I can still do that! :)

Nice buck you got there, and I like that idea of hauling it up into the tree for the field dressing and skinning. Working on the carcass, all hunched over, is not fun.

Guy

Hunting alone, often for mule deer, I've had to either quarter or even bone out a buck. Then pack the meat out on my back.

I'm pleased to say that I can still do that! :)

Nice buck you got there, and I like that idea of hauling it up into the tree for the field dressing and skinning. Working on the carcass, all hunched over, is not fun.

Guy
Yeah you got that right. I can do it but then I have to use the pulley system on myself to stand erect!

I usually skin and bone mine out on the ground these days. The romance of hanging died off a long time ago.

Nice little system you got there!

We are heading different directions!
You and me both buddy! At my parents farm I have an A-frame skinning pole with a chain hoist. I can haul up moose and cattle on that. In my garage in town I have an electric hoist. It's great for deer sized critters. Push a button and up they go!

You and me both buddy! At my parents farm I have an A-frame skinning pole with a chain hoist. I can haul up moose and cattle on that. In my garage in town I have an electric hoist. It's great for deer sized critters. Push a button and up they go!
Nice. My dream is fit out my huntin' rig with a winch in the back of the box. Inside a bear proof canopy. But set up the ol pulley system at home as well.

Attachments

• Pillbox_Type_26%2C_St._Catherine%27s_Chapel.JPG
    Pillbox_Type_26%2C_St._Catherine%27s_Chapel.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 218
Hahaha! Well OK, make that more 'bear resistant' than a tent... but I'm curious, where is this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenniferlaw003

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg