AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
On February 14, The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) released a studyfrom the Outdoor Recreation Satellite Account (ORSA). The preliminary statistics gathered in this study show that the “outdoor recreation economy grew 3.8 percent in 2016, compared to growth of 2.8 percent in the overall economy.”

The prototype statistics measured the impact of outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, etc. Outdoor activities were broken down into three categories: conventional core activities (including hiking, boating and hunting); other core activities (outdoor festivals and agritourism); and supporting activities (including construction and travel).

In the conventional core activity category, motorized vehicles accounted for the lion’s share of the gross output at $59.4 billion. Hunting, shooting and trapping accounted for $15.4 billion with hunting accounting for over 60% of the total.

The BEA is inviting public comments and feedback on the preliminary statistics. You can email comments to OutdoorRecreation@bea.gov

Comments are due by April 27 and will be used to help finalize definitions, data sources and the format of the presentation. The final report is scheduled for release in the fall of 2018.

Source: Safari Club International (SCI)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pierre van Wyk

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you