Hunt booked for 2017...

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 13, 2013
Messages
6,903
Reaction score
7,523
Location
Georgia
Media
204
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
13
USA/Canada
1
Mex/S.Amer
1
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Hey folks, well I didn't get the leopard tag...AGH.! But I had plan B in place. I ve been speaking to several AH professionals here and decided to hunt with Marius from KMG. I booked a buffalo and hippo hunt for August of this year up in the Limpopo area of SA. Should be an exciting hunt.
 
Congrats Johnny! That sounds like a great time!
 
That stinks on the leopard but congrats on the booking! Sounds like a blast with a good outfitter!
 
Should be a blast
 
Good for you! Hope it's a raving success.
 
Buffalo and Hippo is a hell of a plan B! Can't wait to hear the story. Is there any plains game on the list?
 
Buffalo and Hippo is a hell of a plan B! Can't wait to hear the story. Is there any plains game on the list?

I totally agree! Sounds like a great time. Have fun.
 
Nice JB....

So I have to ask. What are your taxidermy plans for the hippo?

And get all the panels tanned. It makes really cool leather with the scars.
 
That sounds exciting , marius is a great PH. We have filmed for him a number of times. You will have an excellent time.
 
Buffalo and Hippo is a hell of a plan B! Can't wait to hear the story. Is there any plains game on the list?
Not sure yet Mike. If I do it I'll hunt just a few species.
 
Nice JB....

So I have to ask. What are your taxidermy plans for the hippo?

And get all the panels tanned. It makes really cool leather with the scars.
Hey Royal, my plan is to do the skull laying in the reeds and then incorporate an 8x10 photo into the pedestal.
 
Hey Royal, my plan is to do the skull laying in the reeds and then incorporate an 8x10 photo into the pedestal.

Make DANG sure they don't over boil it!!!

I lost that front palate that holds in the top front teeth... :mad:
 
Make DANG sure they don't over boil it!!!

I lost that front palate that holds in the top front teeth... :mad:
Wow. Thanks for the advise. I'll sure as HELL make sure whoever does it does it right.
 
Have fun on your hunt!
 
Need some opinions. Thanking my 375 ruger for both. Having Superior ammunition load swift a frames for the buffalo and half box each of Barnes and northfork 300 solids to see what groups better for use on hippo and second shot on buff. Sound right ?
 
Sounds about right to me. Marius may even tell you all softs for the buffalo.

Are you going to hunt hippo on land or water? I've seen some suggest softs for brain shots, although I used a solid.
 
Nice JB....

So I have to ask. What are your taxidermy plans for the hippo?

And get all the panels tanned. It makes really cool leather with the scars.
I've got two hippos skins coming back tanned and finished from Zim. Can't wait to make some gun cases etc
 
Congrats, I think it's a great hunt! I hope you have wonderful memories from the trip!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,846
Members
169,435
Latest member
hanthanhvien
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top