Howzit

snowbeast

Reaction score
Howzit all,

I'm Snowbeast from kwa-zulu Natal South Africa.

I've grown up in the bush in KZN and love the outdoors.
I haven't hunted since 2010 as I moved into the city to find myself a wife.

I currently own a 1982. 22 brno and a PSE dream season evo bow.

My draw to hunting is the day spent in the bush walking and stalking. The meat is a bonus.
I only shoot what I can eat, it's personal preference and I hold no grudges against other hunters as long as it's not canned hunting.

I am looking for a new rifle for general purposes. Where I have access to hunting is a mixture of bush and open plains. I'm drawn to the. 308, would love a 30-06 but am worried about the recoil as I haven't shot much in ages. To confuse me further I like the 270 calibe, 7x57 and 6x55.

Look forward to reading an interacting on the forum!

Cheers

gday snowie, ,welcome to AH.
don't worry about the recoil of the 06 , mate , 5or6 shots and you'll be used to it , and everywhere you go there will be ammo for it .
enjoy the site

Welcom to AH Snowbeast.
I am glad that you are with us.
I agree with Bluey.
My favorite calibres are : 7x57, 9,3x62 and 404Jeffery.
Good luck and all the best.
Witold

Welcome to AH!!

Welcome to AH snowbeast.....

Welcome to AH, I'd go for the 30-06 too.

Welcome to AH Snowbeast... in my experience you will not go wrong with the 30-06. This is a general hunting rifle in RSA and can be used on all PG. I hunted initially with a 308 and this is good for typical bushveld scenario where shots are closer... moving into more open plains you may battle a bit with trajectory etc.. the 7x 57 is also a GREAT calibre, but for a ONE OFF answer.. go for the 30-06 and like bluey says... the recoil is not that bad. You will be surprised that the 270 recoil will affect you more.. happy hunting

Welcome!

That .30/06 will do you just fine.

Welcom to AH snowbeast! Thanks for sharing your fishing trip in the Caprivi and looking forward to having you on the site...

Howzit Cuz

Welcome to AH.
Off to read your fishing report.

Welcome to Ah...

I'm not sure on what license you need to stalk a wife....good luck...

Welcome to AH !

welcome to the forum!

those cartridges are all nice, but what you need is a 505 Gibbs! ;)

-matt

Welcome. the 30-06 or 308 are good choices. My girlfriend shoots a 30-06 and 308 and she doesn't complain about the recoil so you'll be just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross