Howdy

Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Giday Mulga and welcome to the A H forums
 
Welcome to AH.
 
Welcome to AH Mulga! Your in great company with these other guys from OZ. Bob, Bruce, Garry, CBH and others. ALL very knowledgeable about guns and hunting and many aspects of building rifles, making knives, reloading, etc. I wish I knew a millionth of what they know. They have a great sense of humor too! Have fun here!
CEH
 
G’day Mulga,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome aboard Mulga. How about posting an article comparing your
9.3 x 66 to the more typical 9.3 x 62. This is the first time I've ever seen it mentioned. I have a couple of old Sako Finnbear(s) but don't have any experience with the newer models.
 
Welcome aboard Mulga. How about posting an article comparing your
9.3 x 66 to the more typical 9.3 x 62. This is the first time I've ever seen it mentioned. I have a couple of old Sako Finnbear(s) but don't have any experience with the newer models.

I can do some basic comparison in the next month or so when we get to the range again, but I don't expect too much of a difference. A mate I shoot with has the 9.3x62, we handload the same pills and same powder, the only difference is I have a 21 inch barrel and he has a 23 1/4.

My take on the great mystery why Sako introduced a new 9.3 cartridge (for that action length) was relating to factory ammo (loaded pressures) and the number of older and potentially weaker actioned rifles in circulation; the factory 9.3x66 can be powered up but not mistakenly chambered in a 9.3x62 rifle. But from a hand loaders perspective this is moot point. In the US Federal released the 9.3x66 Sako as the 370 Sako Magnum.

There are a couple of good threads here on AH on the cartridge.

received_436997337432407.jpeg
 
Hello from Toowoomba Australia. Long time lurker, lots of good conversation here. I don't hunt as much as I like and make pretty good biltong. I grew up reading Capstick, Ruark and other such stories so I'm bit of a romantic nostalgic.

I'm quite late to seeing your introduction, but welcome to AH nonetheless!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,041
Members
169,888
Latest member
Sonia16980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top