How to pay additional trophy fees?

Why not set up a paypal account or simply do a wire by adding a beneficiary as a once off payment...
Or even easier 90% of us have US based accounts....
We have learnt in time to make it easy on clients and potential hunters, there is absolutely no obstacle worth wondering about that a established outfitter has not anticipated or experienced hence all the different options in place...

Communication is key talk to your outfitter, we constantly seem to complicate things especially when we get 75 different opinions on a subject.

My best always

O.K., like I said....stupid thought and I figured it was too simple................................:unsure:

Not stupid at all. Hence my investigation of the same idea.
It should be a simple process. Currently every bank is worried about money laundering. It becomes a PIA.

Why not set up a paypal account or simply do a wire by adding a beneficiary as a once off payment...
Or even easier 90% of us have US based accounts....
We have learnt in time to make it easy on clients and potential hunters, there is absolutely no obstacle worth wondering about that a established outfitter has not anticipated or experienced hence all the different options in place...

Communication is key talk to your outfitter, we constantly seem to complicate things especially when we get 75 different opinions on a subject.

My best always

Good advice.

My best always

More than one way to skin a cat.
It also really depends where you live. In a major city I have a lot more options than someone rural anywhere.

Although we are answering a question from a ethnocentric perspective i.e. focus on USA, there are plenty of other countries with silly restrictions and other options.

More than one way to skin a cat.
It also really depends where you live. In a major city I have a lot more options than someone rural anywhere.

Although we are answering a question from a ethnocentric perspective i.e. focus on USA, there are plenty of other countries with silly restrictions and other options.

Very true Brickburn.... But they must just bring cash! ;) :) ;) :) ;) we all like Mr. C Ash!

;)
My best

I live in the same place that you do in Idaho but it is called Colorado.

I have found that if a bank in in the condition such as yours is then I may have to drive 30 miles or so to get to a branch that has more help.
But on the other hand I am lucky in that my bank opened a local branch 10 miles away that I have used for wire transfers with no problems.

I also agree on the CC app. It would make things so much more enjoyable not having to wonder if I can get to a bank or if I have enough cash on my person to take care of the charges that I am racking up.

The $10000 legal limit for transport across borders will not always cover additional safari fees like it did 20 years ago. I have NEVER bank transferred money to South Africa without it being lost for at least a while. And my bank charges a flat $45 fee and never, ever has a clue how to do it. Moneygram, which is widely distributed in RSA, charges nine bucks, and the money is there in 10 minutes. The PH picks it up with his ID card and a code number you have given him. Bank transfers should be illegal... along with the 4% Visa card fees, reality shows and lite beer.....................JMO................................FWB

You can transfer more then $10000 across borders you just have to declare it and prove what it's for. A copy of the bill will do. At least here in Canada

Currently every bank is worried about money laundering. It becomes a PIA.

And I guess that Africa ia a particular concern.... I can transfer to China, India, Mexico, Peru, and even much of the Caribbean from the comfort of my home. But for Africa, I have to get up off of my lazy butt and go to the bank. This almost bugs me more than the $45 fee. Almost...

And FWB made a comment earlier about small town banks not knowing how to do a transfer. I live in Atlanta and can assure you the small towns do not own the market! It seems I have to walk them through it every time...

Spook...........you are quite right. I do not, however, have the bill for additional trophies when I enter RSA. I get the bill when I am finished. And as mentioned earlier, there are many places........maybe most places.....in the world where telling everyone on the customs form that you are arriving with a pile of cash may not be in your best interest. .......................FWB

Every outfitter I know has no reservation about letting a clients take additional trophies and not taking payment for it when the safari is completed.

So my spin on it is quite simple with all the various options mentioned in this thread already most clients/Hunters should have more than enough options to forward such funds to Africa, or have a US based or Canadian based or Norwegian based option, if the cost of enjoying yourself and having a awesome time involves a 100 mile trip to a large branch of my bank to transfer funds or some effort from my side to ensure payment I would not think about it twice.
I receive wire amounts on a weekly basis From all over the U.S., from Harrison burg Virginia to Angleton Texas.
I don't see the problem with it... Yet there seem to be, and in those cases the other options as above.

Hey! The only other one I can think of are free Safaris ;) :) ;)

My best slways

I was asking what paypal is like from the vendor's (outfitter's) side. If I send $1000 to a vendor, does paypal take some of that and is it a flat fee or a percentage?

And I'm not talking about using the "gifting" option. I'm talking about being above board and using the "Goods and Services" option.

Last edited:
The card company prohibits these fees being passed along here in Canada and if found out the retailer won't be allowed to accept CC in the near future..

must be a canadian thing as it happens in plenty of other places

The sign in the License Center says there will be a 3% surcharge add to your bill for credit card use. So I'm sure the company is doing it, the range I belong is charged 21/2% buy Visa and MasterCard I can't see a goverment intinty been charged more then a small club.

govnt depts anywhere want the full amount asked for to be paid, so the percentage that the cc company takes for themselves is added on by the govnt dept to make sure they get their correct amount. this is why a lot of them dont take credit cards , or they tell you so you have the option to pay cash or use a debit card and not incur the extra charge.

must be a canadian thing as it happens in plenty of other places

Can definitely happen here! It is typical for online gun shops here to offer a "cash discount" price, or 3% more for credit card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg