How to be a Professional Hunter

My guess: attempting to pump out PH's like they are Lollipop's.

lollipops.jpg
 
Oh the metaphors....
 
upload_2016-9-12_12-27-19.png


Did anyone else's trigger finger get itchy?
 
Couple of things guys. For instance being aproved for the PH course but never handled a rifle before... The list is long.

Yes it is pumping out PH's everywhere, but its always been like that. And the price of the course is ridiculous.

Just my two cents. Still a great effort, well done.
 
Thanks for sharing
 
Does PH'ing alone provide a good living, or is the money in being an outfitter?
 
Does PH'ing alone provide a good living, or is the money in being an outfitter?

1. Botswana I made some money as a PH, but not a work if you want a family...
2. Mozambique you can still do, but yet again long periods away from you family...
3. RSA, no. Because we are to many...I also will not appoint a non experience PH because I cannot take the change with him with clientele. You even get them today as qualified PH's but they never had any formal rifle / weapon training... now, think again you cannot send such a PH out with clientele...this then becomes a liability and not an asset you your Outfitting company. I however can employ him as an appi to train him but yet again some of these guy's doesn't want to work at all...so the best today is to do the PH course, and if you father has a ranch; registered as an Outfitter to make money...and sometimes / most of the times this is not the case...they underquote on packages and leave the outfitting business in a year or two when started...just my 2cents!
 
1. Botswana I made some money as a PH, but not a work if you want a family...
2. Mozambique you can still do, but yet again long periods away from you family...
3. RSA, no. Because we are to many...I also will not appoint a non experience PH because I cannot take the change with him with clientele. You even get them today as qualified PH's but they never had any formal rifle / weapon training... now, think again you cannot send such a PH out with clientele...this then becomes a liability and not an asset you your Outfitting company. I however can employ him as an appi to train him but yet again some of these guy's doesn't want to work at all...so the best today is to do the PH course, and if you father has a ranch; registered as an Outfitter to make money...and sometimes / most of the times this is not the case...they underquote on packages and leave the outfitting business in a year or two when started...just my 2cents!
Great answer @Patrick R
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,343
Messages
1,573,476
Members
169,749
Latest member
LeoraBoelk
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top