How many double rifles do you own?

Wow, quite a collection you got there :)
C2D61CD4-FC80-47E1-8841-66A1C1273102.jpeg
10DC2EFE-01C1-4486-8443-6E74BB0FC540.jpeg
D4DF0C09-E70C-4480-8E83-21952692CB40.jpeg
A278D340-5362-4DFE-82E7-44D92806DEFF.jpeg
F511E4E6-30BC-4C33-B14E-BF61B098AC59.jpeg
4DA452DB-4788-4F3B-9E8B-24418CF90C21.jpeg
F82D8FE3-3E21-4DD7-A7CF-A8DADB7C796C.jpeg
924E576F-DB56-4178-89F8-A4197256DBEF.jpeg
1D7A4E88-2D19-4886-995A-52878A4E09EC.jpeg
C2943055-FC80-4F60-8B28-B4B93FD42362.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Defyet....a very nice Manton you have...how does it shoot..? I have a 1910 vintage Manton in .470NE, the upper rifle in the pic.. It is up for a light restoration.
Lovely rifle!

I haven't fired it yet. I need to slug the bores to check diameter... life has got in the way unfortunately.

Magnificent rifles gentlemen!!! Thanks for sharing.

Hi Bob,

In my avatar and in my forum photos, there is a decent pic of the .450 No2, setting on the horns of the buffalo I took with this rifle.
Likewise, I think there is one of this rifle across my shoulders, while I was sitting on the ground, behind a zebra that I also bagged with it, in thick forest.

I’m not positive if I have any photo of the .275 Flanged or not.
If I do, it / they will be in one of many plastic tubs, out in the dung heap known as my garage.
If I ever find a photo of it, I’ll post same.
If not, it indeed looked exactly like the .450 No2, only tiny in comparison.
It was so “petit” that it resembled at first glance, a .410 or 28 gauge shotgun in size and profile but with rifle sights on it and an oval shadow line cheek piece - cute as a bug’s ear.
I didn’t have the money at the time and should not have bought it, as I was saving toward another Safari.
I only owned the little rifle for a few weeks because I bought it for $5,000. that as mentioned, I didn’t have (I used my credit card).
Then, buyer’s remorse set it.

Suddenly, a fellow named John Ashbrook, dropped by for a visit and offered me $5,500. so I sold it to him on the spot.
Eventually he moved to Florida and there he unfortunately passed away.
I’ve no idea where the little rifle ended up.

Meanwhile, it is alarming to me that nothing more than a flu bug, has so quickly brought the USA and other countries to our knees.
No doubt North Korea and other sociopathic serial killers are taking copious notes.

The Annual Alaska Double Rifle Shoot:
Yes, it’d be very cool if you can make it up here for one or more of these events, in the future.
You are one of my favorite contributors to the world’s greatest forum here.
The D.R. Shoots are always a good time and our weather is usually (usually) mild if not warm by then.
It would be grand to meet you in person (and any other forum members from around the globe as well) someday.
Also, some years I hold a “Hunter’s Cocktail Party” in my basement man cave, immediately following the shoot.
Some years there’s a lot of interest in the party and some years not a lot.
Either way, the shoot is always fun anyhow.

Speaking of forum members potentially attending the shoot some year, in particular I’d sure enjoy meeting Red Leg in person some day.
His notions on rifles and such seem worth discussing at great length, over a couple glasses with ice and amber color liquid in them.
Likewise, I suspect he might enjoy helping my wife make fun of me, regarding the topic of Rome being a fun place (or not) to spend one’s vacation in.
If you’ve been to Rome and enjoyed the long lines, massive crowds, over-priced/under-seasoned food, etc., etc., there, perhaps you’d like to join them here one of these years, in throwing pies at me as well LOL.

At any rate Bob, don’t let people sneeze on you and stay safe in general.

Cheers,
Paul.
Redleg is a great guy. Met and talked with him at DSC this year along with AZDAVE. Great time!

Redleg is a great guy. Met and talked with him at DSC this year along with AZDAVE. Great time!
Hello Rare Breed,

From what Red Leg and AZDAVE write, yes I agree.
My estimate is that both of these good fellows would be very interesting to sit and chat with about …. name your topic but, especially double rifles plus most all rifles really and hunting in general.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Just one. A custom 450/400NE built on a CZ Bobwhite 20g. It has 24" Lothar Walther barrels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross