How many arrows

MarkCZ

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Finland, Estonia, C.Z. Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Scotland , England, Namibia
A quick question. How many arrows would one take for 10 days hunting 7 animals.
Thanks. Markcz

Thanks. Markcz

Good question.

I’m taking a bow with me in July, but only plan on spending a couple of days now hunting. The rest will be with a rifle. For potentially 2 days and a max of 4 animals I’m taking 6 arrows / 6 broad heads.

Truth be told I’ll likely only take 1 or 2 animals with the bow while I am there… but I want to be prepared for a best case scenario…

Thanks. Markcz

For the potential to take 7 animals, we would recommend that our hunters bring at least a dozen arrows. Possibly even a few more than that if you plan on taking advantage of shooting some incidental critters one may encounter like guineas, jackals, baboons, etc., as opportunity permits. I would also bring plenty of spare broadhead blades or a sharpener to ensure that your last arrow is as lethal as the first. Best of luck to you sir!

For a 10-day hunt, I usually take 15-18, although I've never come close to using them all. Incidental animals & birds, follow-up shots on wounded animals, etc. can all take more arrows than expected. Although, the number of broadheads is probably more crucial than arrows since you can often re-use arrows (if carbon) even after taking an animal with them. Broadheads are more hit or miss on the reusability, and if you're shooting expendables they are obviously one-and-done. Make sure to wash them thoroughly when returning home. The inspectors when returning to the U.S. aren't fond of finding blood on any of your equipment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanelL98

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.