How far do you have to travel to even hunt?

Just out my door for for whitetail and mules, occasional herd of elk wander though, moose are in the area, coyotes everywhere, pronghorn about 3 hour drive, black bear about 7 hours north, migratory geese 2 hours away. Dangerous game is an hours drive to the airport, two days of traveling and 20 hours in the air, but worth it every time.

Very blessed. Can hunt white wing doves, deer and pigs 40 yards out the back door.

ATN ThOR-HD 384 1.25-5 x 384 Thermal Rifle Scope

San Gabriel Buck

First buck from the new place

Hill Country Buck

I just make sure the muzzle blast clears the window/door I am shooting out of. (LOL) Coyotes/racoons/bobcats/deer right there. My best hunting grounds are 25 minutes away.

Anywhere from ten minutes to five hours. One hour is a safe average for good big game hunting and fishing. But development is closing in all around us. . .

Generally it takes a little effort to get away from others - maybe 30 minutes to an hour depending on boat, plane, or snowmachine?

However, I once shot a paddlehorn moose about a mile from my house, and I live in town.

Generally it takes a little effort to get away from others - maybe 30 minutes to an hour depending on boat, plane, or snowmachine?

However, I once shot a paddlehorn moose about a mile from my house, and I live in town.

Alaska is awesome, but my hunting and fishing adventures tended to be expeditions when I lived there.

I suppose if we wanted to, we could just travel across the dining room to the patio door or if I opened the one in bedroom, @Just Gina could shoot a whitetail without getting out of bed :) she chases wild turkeys off the porch with a bright orange yardstick and has seen a huge black bear about 60 yards from the screen porch. She did shoot a woodchuck and skunk from the back deck this past summer and one night I shot a porcupine on the front porch. My upstairs office window could be a really great deer stand.

However we enjoy seeing the deer on the back lawn so we don't shoot them from the house, just varmints;) And Gina doesn't actually keep a deer rifle by the bed. Just a 20 gauge youth 870 loaded with buckshot. For varmints ;)

My teepee is smack dab in the middle of 281 acres. Gate is on a dead-end gravel road, off another gravel road.

Deer, bear, pigs, yotes and all the normal small stuff in the Ozarks. Waiting for the elk to move in from the east and south (RMEF planted them years ago in Shannon County MO and Buffalo River area in AR).

I've shoot some rodents and small game from my window. A friend shot a kudu bull from my front porch, although it was an exception as I like having game around the house when they decide to visit. Needless to say I don't need to drive anywhere to hunt.

Several thousand miles as I hunt overseas only except for birds.

I am so deep in a metroplex that I feel like I have to travel about an hour in any direction (or more) to get off concrete and into the woods! How are prospects for you?
I am fortunate because I can just walk out the back door!

Just a few minutes when I was living in the bush.

I've traveled from 30 minutes to 8 hours depending on species and opportunities.

Africa was like 30 hours including transfers.

I have a food plot planted in front of master bathroom window at farm. If I'm camo-ed I can be in blind hunting 15 minutes from my office. Usually hunt before work and during lunch when rut hits. Hope you have opportunity to leave city life behind.

50 yards. Actually out the window if the need arises.
Its 100 yards for me but I have killed vermin shooting from my second story window.
15 years ago I escaped the Washington DC beltway area to relocate where I could live in the country and commute into work. I gave up a lot moving from a highly lucrative area but I gained so much more.

However, I drive a couple of km (5-10 minutes) and I walk another 10 minutes for roe deer.
If I hunt chamois I drive (or move in the stalker's car) for 7-10 km an then I walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross