How did I do? 375 & 416

The RMS is a nice rifle. You will have a good base for your elephant hunt.

You did good! When stacking guns in a double gun case like that without waffle foam, put slip on recoil pads on each to prevent muzzles from bumping into and scratching adjacent butt stocks. Ask me how I know it will happen!

Well I’m planning on buff and hopefully elephant in the next few years and have been trying to learn about big bores and different calibers. But to be honest I’m not a huge gun guy, I just love to hunt and I’ll use whatever tool it takes. I had focused in on .416 rigby as the caliber I wanted just due to its history with Africa and it being slightly larger for elephants. I’m on a budget and would love a nice double but I’d prefer to save the extra cost to put towards an actual hunt. I wasn’t planning on buying one right now but as things go I had a great friend reach out saying he was selling some guns. Just so happens he had a Ruger .416 rigby. Long story short I did a little research on the guns (no many comps for price) and bought the ruger magnum .416 rigby topped with a Leupold 1.5x5 and a Cz 375 h&h topped with a Leupold as well as 50ish rounds for both. There has been less then 100 rounds shot through both combined. Seemed like a great start for me to get into the field after DG. Purchased it all for $3,600. The 375 is going to my brother and I’m keeping the rigby. My Friend and his dad had used the guns in Africa for buff and he was happy to know I would take them and use them.
What’s everyone’s thoughts? Very much enjoyed getting to shoot a big bore for the first time.View attachment 600002

Not sure about the rifles, that is a fine looking GSP!

Not sure about the rifles, that is a fine looking GSP!
IMG_5617.jpeg

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoemiHeber

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.