Horns and skins

One problem that I just thought of if planning on bringing d&p capes back to the US for a taxidermist to use is, what are you going to do if the above scenario happens to the capes that you are bringing back after you have paid the d&p fee along with the shipping only to find out that they are next to worthless or no one will buy them for what it cost to get them to the US?
If they get here in good shape, there is a solid market. The risk, whatever it is, is paying for the d&P and shipping and they are messed up, or the tannery jacks them up.
 
One problem that I just thought of if planning on bringing d&p capes back to the US for a taxidermist to use is, what are you going to do if the above scenario happens to the capes that you are bringing back after you have paid the d&p fee along with the shipping only to find out that they are next to worthless or no one will buy them for what it cost to get them to the US?
If you also bring back the skull and horns typically the dip pack is the same price with or with out the cape. So shouldn't be any different in cost. As for shipping it's still dimensional weight . So you can generally ship capes back and not increase cost of shipping. One can in most cases ship 4 or 5 items depending on weight for about the same as 2 or 3 items. But it does have it's limits if a lot of heavy skins are shipped back.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,820
Members
169,419
Latest member
CassieBend
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top