Hornady bonded .470 bullets

JamesJ

AH elite
Joined
May 30, 2013
Messages
1,349
Reaction score
892
Location
Texas, where else.
Deals & offers
140
Media
140
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
2
Got a surprise in from the good folks at Hornady today. we will have to see how they work. 2 buff and 2 elephant tentatively scheduled for this year. Should be a case of loaded ammo arriving soon to test on some unfortunate Texas pigs. Ive had mixed results with their big bore stuff in the past, hopefully these are the ticket.



image1.jpeg
 
Would be very interested to see how the new versions work out. If you can shoot something with them and recover them, I'd love to see the pics of the results.
 
Ditto. Would like to see the results

Good luck.
 
JamesJ, anxiously awaiting your results! Thanks!
 
This will definitely be interesting.... Are you going to test them on a buff James?

And great to see you in Dallas too!
 
Good seeing you as well, darn shame i had to leave though. I did get a nice thank you letter form my liver.

ummmmmmm, no. Not knocking them, but i've had some pretty serious mixed results with a few of their past offerings. I figure a few 300 pound porkers from different angles is a good idea before the buff hunt. I do have a ranch with some big bison and yak that may be a good trial as well. Then onto things that endanger my life.
 
Look forward to hearing about the tests!
 
I'm hoping the loaded ammo comes in soon. Otherwise ill have to get off
Good seeing you as well, darn shame i had to leave though. I did get a nice thank you letter form my liver.

ummmmmmm, no. Not knocking them, but i've had some pretty serious mixed results with a few of their past offerings. I figure a few 300 pound porkers from different angles is a good idea before the buff hunt. I do have a ranch with some big bison and yak that may be a good trial as well. Then onto things that endanger my life.

I didn't think so! When you said you had the hunts I got confused!

The pigs will make for interesting media. Maybe you can get a couple head on?

Bison would be really interesting... Happy you come take a ham from that. You know, just to ease your burden. :cool:
 
Last edited:
i look forward to your results!

-matt
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,863
Members
169,451
Latest member
Nickjohniu
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top