Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Media
Member of
SA Hunters and Game Conservation Association
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia
Howzit to all, and thank you for a great forum! Does anyone know what propellant Hornady uses in their .500 NE "Dangerous Game" series ammo? My double rifle (Sabatti "Big Five Classic") was regulated with this ammo (DGX) and I have used it with great results on buffalo and very good accuracy, but off-course is very expensive for us in South Africa. I have recently bought a set of dies and have started reloading for my .500 NE using Somchem's S 365, but I am not entirely happy with the accuracy. In South Africa we only have the Somchem powders and would like to match the available propellant as close as possible to that which Hornady uses. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Xagene

Welcome to AH Xagene!

Thanks Jerome, exellent site, I tell you! The best for hunters all over the world, especially for those who must still hunt our magnificant continent. I will be up in your part of the world in June, near Otjiwarongo, been invited there for a Kudu hunt and I hunted there last year as well, hunted a magnificant Kudu!

All the best,
Xagene

Welcome to AH.

I have tried to get the same type of information for another factory load and have never been able to do so.

My only suggestion:
The latest Hornady ammo using
New Products

Welcome to AH Xagene! Good luck with your search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you