Holster recommendation requested

Kramer Horsehide is in my opinion the finest "duty" quality leather in the US...

Kramer is highly used by FBI, USSS, etc... my entire team at one point in DC used Kramer holsters...

There are prettier options out there.. and there are certainly more affordable options out there..

but if you want something that is comfortable like leather, but durable like kydex... that can be "dressed up" and worn in a suit or "dressed down" and work with a pair of jeans... IMO there is nothing better...

I've worn a sig wrapped in kramer horsehide everywhere from the rain forests of brazil to the desert of iraq to dozens of major cities in the US and abroad, etc..etc.. and it has never let me down..

The kramer I am wearing now I bought new in 2007.. and its still in just as good of shape today as it was when I purchased it..




Capture.JPG
 
Well, I purchased the Blade Tech and used it for a while. Here's what I found:

* The holster is adjustable for tension on the weapon. However, no matter how tight I make it, the pistol "rattles" in the holster. The molding is too wide for a Hi-Power profile and I suspect that it is better suited to a 1911 frame.

* There is a cross bar in the belt loops that allows you to adjust for different belt widths. It falls out pretty regularly. Without the cross bar, the loops are far too wide to be practical.

I know this was your best advice and I am not at all upset. Please don't take it that way. It's just a product performance report. I know a little bit more than I did before and I'll keep searching for a holster that suits me better.

Thanks!
My fault and apologies, I should have explained.
The three holsters I have from Blade Tech...I had to special order.
They no longer make the original version of their belt holster.
Only the "one size fits all" and I'm not impressed with it...as you stated it rattles.

The ones I have is a continuous piece of Kydex with no cant adjustment possible.
Had one for my 1911 45ACP, XD-45 and now my XDm-9.
If you call them, they will make one special for you...of course at a price.
Here are a few pics of one of the Blade Tech holsters I have.
BladeTech1.jpg
BladeTech2.jpg
BladeTech3.jpg
BladeTech4.jpg


EDIT - I have abandoned Blade Tech for a proper leather holster.
I find the Galco Avenger much more comfortable for me.
No more FBI cant, just a straight drop OWB belt holster on a 1 3/4" belt.
 
My fault and apologies, I should have explained.
The three holsters I have from Blade Tech...I had to special order.
They no longer make the original version of their belt holster.
Only the "one size fits all" and I'm not impressed with it...as you stated it rattles.

The ones I have is a continuous piece of Kydex with no cant adjustment possible.
Had one for my 1911 45ACP, XD-45 and now my XDm-9.
If you call them, they will make one special for you...of course at a price.
Here are a few pics of one of the Blade Tech holsters I have.
View attachment 365518View attachment 365519View attachment 365520View attachment 365521

EDIT - I have abandoned Blade Tech for a proper leather holster.
I find the Galco Avenger much more comfortable for me.
No more FBI cant, just a straight drop OWB belt holster on a 1 3/4" belt.

No need to apologize. I looked at the holster on-line before purchase. Sometimes things just don't work as planned....

Thanks for the follow up.
 
Kramer Horsehide is in my opinion the finest "duty" quality leather in the US...

Kramer is highly used by FBI, USSS, etc... my entire team at one point in DC used Kramer holsters...

There are prettier options out there.. and there are certainly more affordable options out there..

but if you want something that is comfortable like leather, but durable like kydex... that can be "dressed up" and worn in a suit or "dressed down" and work with a pair of jeans... IMO there is nothing better...

I've worn a sig wrapped in kramer horsehide everywhere from the rain forests of brazil to the desert of iraq to dozens of major cities in the US and abroad, etc..etc.. and it has never let me down..

The kramer I am wearing now I bought new in 2007.. and its still in just as good of shape today as it was when I purchased it..




View attachment 365509


It took about 2 months to get my Kramer MSP holster (OWB Paddle) for my Walther CCP and I'm very happy with it. The horsehide is very thin and stiff/durable.

Kramer Black horsehide for Walther CCP.jpg
Kramer MSP Holster 2.jpg
 
Seriously the best holsters out there..

And stellar customer service as well
 
This holster option is a bit different but I’ve found it to be very practical and useful. My wife likes it a lot, so if you are looking for your wife you might want to have her to take a look. Can wear concealed or open carry. I like it because it flat doesn’t move on you like too many holsters can. And the price is right.

https://firstdefensetactical.com/pr...belly-band-holster-for-concealed-carry-unisex
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.10 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 175
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.12 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.14 PM.png
    586.7 KB · Views: 153

Forum statistics

Threads
70,315
Messages
1,572,635
Members
169,597
Latest member
Stevenpoeni
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top