Holster recommendation requested

Kramer Horsehide is in my opinion the finest "duty" quality leather in the US...

Kramer is highly used by FBI, USSS, etc... my entire team at one point in DC used Kramer holsters...

There are prettier options out there.. and there are certainly more affordable options out there..

but if you want something that is comfortable like leather, but durable like kydex... that can be "dressed up" and worn in a suit or "dressed down" and work with a pair of jeans... IMO there is nothing better...

I've worn a sig wrapped in kramer horsehide everywhere from the rain forests of brazil to the desert of iraq to dozens of major cities in the US and abroad, etc..etc.. and it has never let me down..

The kramer I am wearing now I bought new in 2007.. and its still in just as good of shape today as it was when I purchased it..

Capture.JPG

Well, I purchased the Blade Tech and used it for a while. Here's what I found:

* The holster is adjustable for tension on the weapon. However, no matter how tight I make it, the pistol "rattles" in the holster. The molding is too wide for a Hi-Power profile and I suspect that it is better suited to a 1911 frame.

* There is a cross bar in the belt loops that allows you to adjust for different belt widths. It falls out pretty regularly. Without the cross bar, the loops are far too wide to be practical.

I know this was your best advice and I am not at all upset. Please don't take it that way. It's just a product performance report. I know a little bit more than I did before and I'll keep searching for a holster that suits me better.

Thanks!
My fault and apologies, I should have explained.
The three holsters I have from Blade Tech...I had to special order.
They no longer make the original version of their belt holster.
Only the "one size fits all" and I'm not impressed with it...as you stated it rattles.

The ones I have is a continuous piece of Kydex with no cant adjustment possible.
Had one for my 1911 45ACP, XD-45 and now my XDm-9.
If you call them, they will make one special for you...of course at a price.
Here are a few pics of one of the Blade Tech holsters I have.
BladeTech1.jpg
BladeTech2.jpg
BladeTech3.jpg
BladeTech4.jpg

EDIT - I have abandoned Blade Tech for a proper leather holster.
I find the Galco Avenger much more comfortable for me.
No more FBI cant, just a straight drop OWB belt holster on a 1 3/4" belt.

My fault and apologies, I should have explained.
The three holsters I have from Blade Tech...I had to special order.
They no longer make the original version of their belt holster.
Only the "one size fits all" and I'm not impressed with it...as you stated it rattles.

The ones I have is a continuous piece of Kydex with no cant adjustment possible.
Had one for my 1911 45ACP, XD-45 and now my XDm-9.
If you call them, they will make one special for you...of course at a price.
Here are a few pics of one of the Blade Tech holsters I have.
View attachment 365518View attachment 365519View attachment 365520View attachment 365521

EDIT - I have abandoned Blade Tech for a proper leather holster.
I find the Galco Avenger much more comfortable for me.
No more FBI cant, just a straight drop OWB belt holster on a 1 3/4" belt.

No need to apologize. I looked at the holster on-line before purchase. Sometimes things just don't work as planned....

Thanks for the follow up.

Kramer Horsehide is in my opinion the finest "duty" quality leather in the US...

Kramer is highly used by FBI, USSS, etc... my entire team at one point in DC used Kramer holsters...

There are prettier options out there.. and there are certainly more affordable options out there..

but if you want something that is comfortable like leather, but durable like kydex... that can be "dressed up" and worn in a suit or "dressed down" and work with a pair of jeans... IMO there is nothing better...

I've worn a sig wrapped in kramer horsehide everywhere from the rain forests of brazil to the desert of iraq to dozens of major cities in the US and abroad, etc..etc.. and it has never let me down..

The kramer I am wearing now I bought new in 2007.. and its still in just as good of shape today as it was when I purchased it..

View attachment 365509

It took about 2 months to get my Kramer MSP holster (OWB Paddle) for my Walther CCP and I'm very happy with it. The horsehide is very thin and stiff/durable.

Kramer Black horsehide for Walther CCP.jpg
Kramer MSP Holster 2.jpg

Seriously the best holsters out there..

And stellar customer service as well

This holster option is a bit different but I’ve found it to be very practical and useful. My wife likes it a lot, so if you are looking for your wife you might want to have her to take a look. Can wear concealed or open carry. I like it because it flat doesn’t move on you like too many holsters can. And the price is right.

https://firstdefensetactical.com/pr...belly-band-holster-for-concealed-carry-unisex

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.10 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.12 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 1.41.14 PM.png
    586.7 KB · Views: 61

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross