Hides, Skins, Leathers?

Got to messing around in the leather shop today and whipped up a couple of slides from a Cape buffalo hide one of our members kindly provided me. I haven't got to build to many things out of exotic hide, but I find it fun to work with. There is a lot of this hide left, so I'm going to see what else I can whittle out of it.

View attachment 284820
And excited I am Casey!! Go wild brother....I want to use every scrap of the Ol Boy! Anyone looking for some custom leather work from their hides need to PM Casey. He has been great to work with and is super responsive. Im looking forward to seeing some of his artistic flair on some of the other items we are planning to make from my Buff skin.
 
Some nice stuff here, some a bit exotic for me but a demonstration of craftsmanship none the less.
 
Boones Girl Leather here in Salmon Id has done some excellent work with back skins for me. And very reasonable price.
what kind of turn around.
 
what kind of turn around.
I will get her number and web address posted this week. The pillows and rug collage she did for us only took a couple weeks.
 
9EB71639-FF26-4D14-9A7F-3322A5CF4B40.jpeg
When people ask me for things like purses and makeup pouches. I usually cringe a little. It could be because it is usually my wife that asks me for them, but I think this makeup pouch made out of Cape Buffalo turned out kind of nifty.
60697F0C-E1A9-4467-AF6D-DEB4EF83F104.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Casey that looks Awesome....the wife will LOVE IT. Cannot wait to see the rest of the items!
 
Little’s Boots in San Antonio, I don’t know if Lucchese is still making custom anymore since they left San Antonio.
If Lucchese is still making custom boots I would definitely go to them . I have a pair of hippo leather boots from them which bought in 1989 .. still in great condition!
 
View attachment 318953 I managed to use up a good chunk of Cape buffalo. Merry Christmas JW, I hope everything turned out like you wanted.

Casey this stuff turned out better than I could have planned! My wife loved the makeup purse and really liked tooling and custom design. I can’t wait to share the other stuff with my PH, he will really like it.

If anyone needs hides crafted into custom items give Casey a shout. He is super talented and can build anything you can imagine out of leather. I couldn’t have found a better way to preserve the memories of my first buffalo!
IMG_1592.JPG
IMG_1757.JPG
IMG_2692.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,318
Messages
1,572,841
Members
169,625
Latest member
bunccadisri1975
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top