Heym Martini Express 416 Rigby On It’s Way

Dakota Hunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I bought a Heym Martini Express in 416 Rigby and it should be at my FFL by Friday. I have a new Swarovski z6i 1x6 gen II illuminated #4 reticle to go on. I have some Federal Premium 400 grain trophy bonded bear claws and some Hornaday 400 grain DGX on hand,with some loaded Barnes 350 grain TSX on the way. I’m excited to finally get one of these in my hands. I want to load up some Cutting Edge 300 grain Raptors to try also.

C4B8D23B-4CD9-4B09-8251-DCE6B409F14B.png
A1796C24-83F6-43F9-AABB-C27B2105EC12.png
D3D1D9B6-C48F-4BCA-A25E-E00860B2FCC6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations !!! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

I have had my Heym Martini Express in 416 Rigby for several years. It is the slickest cycling bolt action I have ever used and very accurate. If I do my part most loads print under an inch at 100 yards for three shots. I had a Swaro Z6i I was going to put on mine but I opted for a Zeiss Victory HT 1.5-6 in Alaska Arms quick release rings to get a lower scope mount and firmer cheek weld. At least for me the lower mounting allows for quicker target pick up and seems to lower the cheek slap on recoil.

Congratulations! Beautiful rifle. I have the Rigby Big Game in 416 Rigby and love it. I used the Federal Bear Claw 400gr. on safari in July this year. Great ammo.
Enjoy your rifle!

I'll send you my FFL so if you don't like it, just send it to me!!!!

Congratulations.

Congratulations on a superb rifle! I’ve been eyeing one just like that for some time :) well done!

Congrats on a fine rifle!!! I got to fondle one last week and I will be getting one for myself as soon as I can scratch up the funds. All bolt action rifles should be built like that.

I Am Envious! The Heym Martini is my dream rifle. Yours looks wonderous!

Congrats on the new addition, it's a beauty!

A beautiful Rifle. Congratulations.

Nice ! Hope you intend to come to Africa to use it!

Very cool @Dakota Hunter!! Enjoy that beautiful rifle.

I have one in 375 H/H and it is the one of the smoothest cycling rifle I have...and a shooter.

Regards,

Thanks for the responses on the rifle. I have a lioness hunt next month I’m planning on using it on and a Cape buffalo hunt next July . I think it will work well on both of those .

Thanks for the responses on the rifle. I have a lioness hunt next month I’m planning on using it on and a Cape buffalo hunt next July . I think it will work well on both of those .
Which ammo are you planning to use next month for your lioness hunt? Will you be hand loading? If so you got some work cut out for you to develop a load for the rifle. Have fun Dakota Hunter.

I will use factory loads on the lioness hunt for sure. I don’t have any 416 Rigby dies yet. I’m leaning toward the Hornaday DGX . The shot shouldn’t be much more than 50 yards max on the lioness and I think a bullet that will expand quickly would work well. The factory open sights are regulated with the Hornaday load also.

Reactions: yhc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinPr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!