Heym 88 .. nice

Daniel Cary

AH legend
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,755
Reaction score
4,046
Location
Michigan
Media
37

Attachments

I don’t think that will last very long!
 
I know they also ship to the UK and Europe so now I dont have an excuse other than my 505 gibbs does everything that can and some.

Ok maybe not that fast follow up
 
Norfolk, Those Heym barrels would violate the airspace of that proper Hungarian mustachio. Plus you already have the best large bore known to man. :cool:
 
Still looking for that safe queen, 88, prettiest thing I've ever seen ..

1722692662675.png


470/500.
 
I know they also ship to the UK and Europe so now I dont have an excuse other than my 505 gibbs does everything that can and some.

Ok maybe not that fast follow up

Just admit it...you very much want a large bore double rifle.. :Cigar:

( Listen to the voice in your head.. )
 
It's apx.18yrs. old.
35 & 50yrd sights

It is sharp! .. I thought the 470 was ubiquitous & synonymous with a double?

what happened?
 
It’s a good find @Daniel Cary

Pluses and minuses of the gun:

+Lightly used condition
+Great caliber
+Fairly modern manufacture
+Light border engraving
+Attractive wood, although I bet it was “base model” when ordered. (But above average by a lot)

-short bottom tang
-no RMR mount groove
-no integrated pivot mount bases
-no fold up night sight front bead
-Average length of pull at 14-5/8”

Overall: A good gun at a good price
 
@Pondoro and @Altitude sickness I would love a double and may end up with a 577 one day. Thats if the right one comes up at the right price and the right time
 
It’s a good find @Daniel Cary

Pluses and minuses of the gun:

+Lightly used condition
+Great caliber
+Fairly modern manufacture
+Light border engraving
+Attractive wood, although I bet it was “base model” when ordered. (But above average by a lot)

-short bottom tang
-no RMR mount groove
-no integrated pivot mount bases
-no fold up night sight front bead
-Average length of pull at 14-5/8”

Overall: A good gun at a good price
Great thanks!!!
This helps a lot.

It's a beautiful double!
 
Nice gun if not a little light for the caliber. I think a 9 lb 10 oz double is too light for 470. It could easily be 1 to 1.5 lbs heavier.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,366
Members
169,543
Latest member
BarneyBroc
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top