HELP WITH LOAD FOR 375 H&H

hunt4fun

AH member
Joined
Sep 27, 2024
Messages
31
Reaction score
40
Location
Idaho
Hunted
Id, Ore, Wash, Quebec, Alaska, Namibia, RSA
I have a number of 260 and 270 gr. Nosler bullets for my 375 H&H. I have some IMR 4895 and some H4895 and some IMR 4350 powders. Would you guys care to share your favorite loads, using these components? My intention is to end up with a load for plains game.
 
I have a number of 260 and 270 gr. Nosler bullets for my 375 H&H. I have some IMR 4895 and some H4895 and some IMR 4350 powders. Would you guys care to share your favorite loads, using these components? My intention is to end up with a load for plains game.



 
Tex .416, I did look that up. Nosler doesn't have data for 4895 powders for the 260gr and nothing on the 270 gr.
 
Tex .416, I did look that up. Nosler doesn't have data for 4895 powders for the 260gr and nothing on the 270 gr.
If neither Nosler nor Hodgdon provides info for 4895 that is a hint it is not a good choice. Both provide info for IMR 4350. So that looks like the one to use of your options.

Hodgdon provides info for the Nosler 270.

Manuals are general guidelines for a starting point. Make sure to watch for early warning signs of excessive pressure.
 
Buys can of Re15 and get off to a good start. Have used it for years with the Nosler 260 part. Good vel great groups in several 375 that I had or have.
 
luvthunt, I have seen the Re15 indifferent manuals. Would you share the amount of grains that you use?
 
I use the load from the Nosler book
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0472.jpeg
    IMG_0472.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0471.jpeg
    IMG_0471.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
Thank you. I get it. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.
So far, I have been using IMR4350 for 300 grain Noslers, backing it off a little to 73gr. My PH this year said he disagrees with that and that I should load it heavier. So, have loaded some at 74gr and 75gr to see how they shoot
 
Thank you. I get it. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.
So far, I have been using IMR4350 for 300 grain Noslers, backing it off a little to 73gr. My PH this year said he disagrees with that and that I should load it heavier. So, have loaded some at 74gr and 75gr to see how they shoot

What velocity are your loads?
 
I know this is not what a perfectionist reloader would do, I look it up in my manuals, which differ some.
73gr. of IMR 4350 is supposed to have 2367mv. 75 gr 2452.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,428
Messages
1,575,877
Members
170,421
Latest member
RaeBrooksh
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top