HELP NEEDED To Find Scott van Zyl Gone Missing In Zimbabwe

Totally normal..... Many/most of us are all honed in on this, consuming us. Minds can't help but wonder, worry, speculate, question, etc. Hearts & minds are in the right place.

It is currently 23:17 in South Africa. As this Google Earth view illustrates, it is the dark of night.

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

UPDATE #15: Evening everyone, herewith the latest update from the SAR team. The search has continued today focussing mostly on the river again. Here is a message received directly from the SAR co-ordinator: "Possible human remains found in crocodiles shot today by the Zimbabwe police. Samples have been sent to the lab to confirm, will send more details when we have the results."

I would like to emphasise the word "possible" as it was sent to confirm the DNA and only once the DNA is confirmed, will they know the details.

I would like to ask again, keep the family and their feelings in mind when commenting or sharing this until there's confirmation from the lab. This is just a possible scenario and not a fact at this stage.

Thank you for your consideration and understanding. Please keep the family in your prayers and thank you again for all your contributions. Without all your support, we would not have been able to get this far.

Keep the prayers going. May God be with Scott and his family and friends at this time. May he give them the strength and peace they need during this incredibly difficult time. Amen

Keep the prayers going. May God be with Scott and his family and friends at this time. May he give them the strength and peace they need during this incredibly difficult time. Amen

They are a very close and wonderful family, lets pray for the best

Been following this thread daily, just read on another news site that 2 crocodiles was shot in the area where his pack was found. They found human remains in both crocs, can this be confirmed?

In answer:

UPDATE #15: Evening everyone, herewith the latest update from the SAR team. The search has continued today focussing mostly on the river again. Here is a message received directly from the SAR co-ordinator: "Possible human remains found in crocodiles shot today by the Zimbabwe police. Samples have been sent to the lab to confirm, will send more details when we have the results."

I would like to ask again, keep the family and their feelings in mind when commenting or sharing this until there's confirmation from the lab. This is just a possible scenario and not a fact at this stage.
................. .

Last edited:
They failed to mention the word "possible" - it is not confirmed that it's human remains yet. Tests are being done.

You did mention the circumstance Salome.

The news article also says "no indication .... they can be linked ..."

My very best to all. I pray for everyone's peace & comfort. Rest easy. Trust in our Lord.

Just curious...........the latest update says: "The day was spent mostly on the river with the divers searching the Limpopo River in the area where Scott's bag was found."

How do divers work in a river that has crocs?

Very carefully, slowly n undue movement. Still need huge amount of nerve to do this. The police divers in Queensland Aust do this. I was speaking with one of these SAR divers many moons ago. From memory they would net the area if possible and search within the netted area. They used to throw stun grenades into the water to scare the crocs away until a croc expert pointed out that the underwater explosion generally attracted crocs.

You did mention the circumstance Salome.

The news article also says "no indication .... they can be linked ..."

I think they refered to the human remains that "can be linked" to Scott but firstly the tests needs to show that it is indeed human remains before that possible link can be made.

I think they refered to the human remains that "can be linked" to Scott but firstly the tests needs to show that it is indeed human remains before that possible link can be made.

The HPG quote of "no indication" was my focal point, which certainly coincides with "possible".
There is nothing certain at this point and I sincerely hope Scott is found alive and well.

I check this thread 4-5 times daily just to see what is new. I always hope that Scott has been found. I feel so bad for the family.... Gotta be tough on them. Been a week today I believe. Still praying and hoping. Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg