Help Me Build My Rifle

Bob shall now be known forevermore as The Resurrectionist.
:E Zen::S Rip: :S Lol: Kidding...

Hopefully, the rifle is already built some two years later...in .375 H&H! If I had it to do over again, I would have skipped the .300 WM as it makes no sense for me with a .30-06 around and gone right for the .375 H&H. I'm certain that whatever projectile you'd decide on in the chambering would certainly be sufficient for all of North Carolina and maybe the world. The .338's and .35's seemed like such a big step until I got my .375. Now they are the limited children. I could really just do it all with a .22 WMR, .375 H&H and a 12 gauge, but where would lie the fun in such endeavors.

JakeH
Mate I took the Whelen to Namibia and flattened everything I shot.
Bob.

Bob’s son took a .308 to Namibia and flattened everything he shot.

Old thread but initial thoughts were , you have access to the .30-06 but don’t own it. Maybe a .300wm or .338wm but will not fit apparently.

They would have covered most things, in the US or plains game.

A .35Whelen, well it fits and is not an ought six so it gives you variety.

Bob’s son took a .308 to Namibia and flattened everything he shot.

Old thread but initial thoughts were , you have access to the .30-06 but don’t own it. Maybe a .300wm or .338wm but will not fit apparently.

They would have covered most things, in the US or plains game.

A .35Whelen, well it fits and is not an ought six so it gives you variety.
Chris
The 300 and 338 win mags will fit no problem just change the bolt head 10 minutes work and mag.
Bob

Chris
The 300 and 338 win mags will fit no problem just change the bolt head 10 minutes work and mag.
Bob

I misunderstood post #36 all good I was thinking the .300wm doesn’t fit counting out others

My next Custom build I am really kicking around the idea of an 8mm Remington mag. So, since its been on my mind lately, just giving you something to think about as an unusual option.
Obviously, only IF the action is long enough.
35Bore
Won't do anything a stoutly loaded Whelen won't and need a magnum length action. You could go a 325WSM it supposed to be as good as the 8mm Remington magnum.
Bob

35Bore
Won't do anything a stoutly loaded Whelen won't and need a magnum length action. You could go a 325WSM it supposed to be as good as the 8mm Remington magnum.
Bob
more of a want, not a need sir. I had a Remington classic in 8mm RM about 15 years ago that I've regretted getting rid of. Like I said, just kicking the idea around.

more of a want, not a need sir. I had a Remington classic in 8mm RM about 15 years ago that I've regretted getting rid of. Like I said, just kicking the idea around.
35Bore
That was silly do you need anyone else to give you a kick in the backside. We have all got rid of something we later regret tho.
Bob

Since you have a clean slate to start with why not a .300PRC? This new state of the art cartridge has been proven in military sniper tests to be as or more accurate than anything out there. Plus I think it’s cool that it is based on the .375 Ruger case!
Have fun,
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you