Help! Dennis Harris artistry of wildlife

Badbear

Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve read all the threads talking about Dennis Harris. I need help getting in contact with him. It seems like some people actually get threw to him. I had given him a bear 4 years ago to get mounted and I understand that he is very busy but now we need the mount back as it has sentimental value associated with someone that has passed. I understand there are people with legal battles but I don’t want any part of that. Dennis is my friend and I believe he just bit off more than he could handle and will never catch up. I called the tannery he used and they haven’t gotten new skins in 6months. I know he had health issues but he was at the taxidermy championships a couple weeks ago. I heard that his house and shop is vacant. There were so many massive mounts last time I was there. Millions of dollars gone. I don’t understand where it went? I know one of his head workers was Dwayne, maybe he has the scoop? Dennis isn’t apart of the Michigan taxidermy association anymore either.
We just need closure, if it’s in the trash, freezer, 2 months from finished our family just needs to know. If someone knows something or anything please message me

If you took it there 4 years ago, I'd feel pretty good it has already been tanned thus good chance the skin is somewhere. Last correspondence I got from Dennis was April 2021, on FB Messenger but he basically advised me he was turning over everything to an attorney and was tired of people "stressing him out". I know I few folks on here have received stuff in the last year so maybe they have a better contact method. I'm sure it's, "don't call me, I'll call you" mode.

Wow, I feel for your you. Hope you can get your bear back. Good luck!

If you took it there 4 years ago, I'd feel pretty good it has already been tanned thus good chance the skin is somewhere. Last correspondence I got from Dennis was April 2021, on FB Messenger but he basically advised me he was turning over everything to an attorney and was tired of people "stressing him out". I know I few folks on here have received stuff in the last year so maybe they have a better contact method. I'm sure it's, "don't call me, I'll call you" mode.
Do you have any contact info for the lawyer maybe he has answers?

Do you have any contact info for the lawyer maybe he has answers?

No- things went quiet on the other end after that one reply. For what's it worth, I have one small project there since OCTOBER 2016!
You mentioned Dwayne but he also had another employee, Jaime Troutman. I have tried reached him bc he was who I really needed on the project more so then Dennis, but I was never able to get any reply (although I didn't go hunting him down).
There were 2-3 guys that tried to help Dennis after he return but none lasted more than a few weeks I hear. Something about being hard to work for :confused:

Last edited:
Badbear, I am so sorry to hear this. Hopefully you will get closure on this. Best of luck!

Guys I hate this for y’all, I can’t imagine what it’s like to loose hard earned and expensive big game to a taxidermist. I have lost some waterfowl to a Wisconsin based taxidermist back in the late 90’s. To the waterfowlers out there a prime plumed blue winged teal, prime red breasted merganser Which are extremely hard to come by and a cackling goose which are next to non existent in Alabama were paid for and never delivered. The worst part was this was one of the last hunts I was able to enjoy with my father before his health went south. The taxidermist just quit answering any communications at all. Good luck and I hope y’all can get some answers.

If the house and shop are empty, I would suspect the bank may own these pieces - or at least one time did and they sold them off. If he lives in a small town, it wouldn't hurt to call a few banks and ask for special assets manager.

If the bear has distinguished markings, you might look at some of these large 2nd hand taxidermy stores online. Never know, maybe it is for sale...

Never hurts to show up in person if you are close enough or know anyone close by.
I live 2 hours away, and Dennis has a cape of mine he promised but never returned. If as stated his house and shop (shop was on his home property) are empty where would you suggest anyone to drive to? This is my predicament, don't know where to start looking for him or my cape.

If you have his home address just Google it and see what comes up.

At times you can tell if it has been sold recently.

Could mail him a letter. Maybe the post office has a forward address

(810) 710-6174 this number was good as of march. I have gotten crickets since then.
Good luck!

I've been in touch with Dennis relatively consistently recently. He has shared photos of my finished mounts and I have delivery scheduled this coming week.

Between my brother in law and I we have 13 or 14 animals with him plus some skins.

I've been in touch with Dennis relatively consistently recently. He has shared photos of my finished mounts and I have delivery scheduled this coming week.

Between my brother in law and I we have 13 or 14 animals with him plus some skins.
Congratulations. I'd love to see pics also.

Reactions: JHT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnaEichel0

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.