Hello from texas

savagehunter83

New member
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello My name is Matt and I am from Texas. I have only hunted in locally for indigenous game in my area of the country. I do plan to make it to Africa but i do not know when that will be. I like reading about it and love the style of rifles that goes along with the sport. I am a bit of a long range shooter but understand that long range does not happen in Africa much and respect that.

Matt
 
Welcome to the forums Matt. You can gather a lot of information and advice from these forums. Look forward to chatting with you more in the future.
 
welcome matt, this is a great site, vast amount of collective knowledge here. Scott
 
Hey Matt,

Welcome to AH. You will find enough information here to help you plan your first African Hunt. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
 
Welcome to AH Matt!
 
Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum!

If you are thinking about Africa you are in the right place loads of useful information here on AH and some very helpful members as well.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen
 
Hey Matt,
Just a welcome note from a fellow Texan, look forward to visiting with you
JRH
 
Hey Matt,
Welcome to the forum of endless knowledge. You will find everything you need, right here. As Louis said, the members here will have all the answers to questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen
 
Welcome. There are certainly open areas in Africa like the Free State, Karoo and Highveld in South Africa, and the south of Namibia where shots can be very far. Especially if you hunt e.g. springbok on the open plains.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,353
Messages
1,573,876
Members
169,869
Latest member
tropketvomi1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top