Hello from texas

savagehunter83

Reaction score
Hello My name is Matt and I am from Texas. I have only hunted in locally for indigenous game in my area of the country. I do plan to make it to Africa but i do not know when that will be. I like reading about it and love the style of rifles that goes along with the sport. I am a bit of a long range shooter but understand that long range does not happen in Africa much and respect that.

Matt

Welcome to the forums Matt. You can gather a lot of information and advice from these forums. Look forward to chatting with you more in the future.

welcome matt, this is a great site, vast amount of collective knowledge here. Scott

Hey Matt,

Welcome to AH. You will find enough information here to help you plan your first African Hunt. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Welcome to AH Matt!

Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum!

If you are thinking about Africa you are in the right place loads of useful information here on AH and some very helpful members as well.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

Hey Matt,
Just a welcome note from a fellow Texan, look forward to visiting with you
JRH

Hey Matt,
Welcome to the forum of endless knowledge. You will find everything you need, right here. As Louis said, the members here will have all the answers to questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Welcome. There are certainly open areas in Africa like the Free State, Karoo and Highveld in South Africa, and the south of Namibia where shots can be very far. Especially if you hunt e.g. springbok on the open plains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg